Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran across a 2000 Eldorado ETC...its pewter with neutral leather...no astroroof or navigation, but otherwise all the goodies. It appears as new as if it was never sat in, but it should be for 7,900 original miles. So, I haven't been able to get a hold of the owner yet, but the book values are in the 12-13k range. The problem is that I ran a vin check and it comes back as a salvage title. The salvage title was recored two months after the original purchase. My question is this...if this vehicle is physically and mechanically fine...what would a fair price be????

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Salvage titles usually eliminates getting a loan. At this age though you may actually be getting a personal loan. If you're paying cash that part is moot.

another problem is what caused the salvage title. If you can get proof it's easier to make a decision.

A really serious accident would put me off. Flood damage would REALLY put me off. Theft recovery without serious body damage wouldn't be a problem.

That low mileage makes me think flood damage and it's had electrical problems since.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You can buy a nice low mileage later model Caddy for $12--$13k.

Heck, you can buy a 2005 LeSabre still under warranty for that price. No northstar to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts