Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few weeks, my dome lights will not go off. Dome Override does shut them off, but it must remain on. Also, power locks are not operating when you are driving. It will unlock, but if you hit lock, a ding, ding, ding alarm goes off. Today, while I was driving 30 miles an hour, steering and brakes just went out. Apparently, the engine had just shut down. Luckily, myself and my child were not injured, however, we did cross into the oncoming traffic lane and hit a curb before I could get the truck stopped. Anyone know of any specific electrical problems that could be causing these weird events?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Re: 00 Escalade-Dome Lights on, PLocks won't work when driving... Quit running today...

Carefully drive it to the dealer, as something is seriously wrong..... You should still be under warranty, right???

Also....... Welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Re: 00 Escalade-Dome Lights on, PLocks won't work when driving... Quit running today...

I wouldn't even drive the thing!!! Call a towtruck and have them tow it to the dealership or a mechanic you trust.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am having a similar Poltergeist experience. I have a 99 Escalade with the following symptoms:

1. Power steering and brakes went out as I was turning into a HomeDepot parking lot from an extremely busy access road.

2. When I finally stopped the vehicle in the parking lot (and emptied my pants), the truck slammed itself into 4WD.

3. My OEM factory alarm sets itself off ramdonly. In most of these false alarm incidents, the OnStar and/or integrated mobile phone system becomes activated. Nothing like running out to your truck at 3:00am and hearing, "Welcome to OnStar" or "Your AT&T service is not currently activated....".

Please let me know if your issue was ever resolved. I am scared to drive the haunted chariot.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts