Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an interesting night at work / a VIP strolled into town with a motorcade of Black Caddies...what a cool sight :worship:

The un-nameable VIP was in an armoured Limo, and was surrounded by these Devilles - which i had to look at for awhile before i noticed something different from my '01 DTS.

they all seemed to be a tad longer in the rear - from the back doors to the trunk...

they were'nt limo size with the space in between doors, but, must have been a couple inches stretched somewhere...

were these available??....is "body by FISHER" still pumping out custom caddies ??!!

oh well, thought it interesting....

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
might have beesn, steck. I thought GM stopped making stretch conversions after the '96 model year. Superior made some '97-99 Fleetwoods out of stock Devilles that were 12" longer, btw.

·
Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
864 Posts
It was the Cadillac DES. DES stands for Deville Executive Sedan. They are a bit longer in the rear door area. They also have fold out tables for the rear passenger. I saw one for sale in MD. They wanted $10,000 for a 01 with a whole bunch of miles on it.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1999, 2004
2,803 Posts
yeah I was thinking DES too....
pretty rare in my opinion. I have never seen one in person.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool,, A 'DES' they were !!

never heard of that one before !!

they looked good, base wheels tho,, and carried the extra length real well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a little homework..apparently they are only a 6 inch stretch

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
yea they were based on the base deville if i remember right, woulda been very nice if theyd have been based on dhs or DTS

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
those tables are a bit boxy and clunky too IMO, kinda defeats the purpose of the extra legroom with that big box at your knees

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1999, 2004
2,803 Posts
yeah the tray table enclosure is pretty cheap looking.....the extra leg room would be nice though....not that I sit in the back of my DeVille much.

·
Registered
1998 DeVille, 2003 DTS
29 Posts
I saw one of these in SF a few weeks ago... but the emblems were DLS. Car was black with no tint and Jersey plates. Also had standard aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
About 4 years ago, a friend of mine has a (2002??) Town Car with an L designation. It had about a 6 inch stretch. Produced by FoMoCo.

Ed

·
Registered
2003 DES yes DES
23 Posts
The DES models started off as DHS models. Late model tips are the gathered upholstery on the door panels. The cars were cut and stretched by Superior (now Accubuilt) Most of the late models included the safety package (Stabilitrak, Parktronic and rear side airbags) The lighted tables were 450 each or 2 for 850. The rear passenger table has controls to move the power front seat. Tables are sturdy fine wood and the long legged kids like them for dining. Footrests were a common option. Additional rear spotlights were standard. Recently Accubuilt had a nice website detailing the features of the 2003 model. I say recently because the site is now gone coincidentally that Cadillac now makes their own DTS-L and Accubuilt now stretches Chrysler 300's. Back to the stretched Fleetwood Limited's, the had 6" more back seat room plus 6" added to the trunk. The DES simply had 6" added to the back. The DES rear door is stretched for a more appealing look compared to the Fleetwood. Used pricing currently is 11 to 15k with mileage from 25K to near 200K. Accubuilt also has brand new 05's available at low prices. I just bought an '03 on a major auction site in great condition with under 50k. The ride and handling is great just like a DHS with just a little larger turning radius. Stay tuned for some paparazzi shots!

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
We see those here all the time.
I have a customer that has one just like the ones in the photos above.
They still make the 6" stretch cars even in the new DTS.
Coachbuilders buy them and make a few more modifications and sell them.
They are kind of nightmarish to work on actually.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We see those here all the time.
I have a customer that has one just like the ones in the photos above.
They still make the 6" stretch cars even in the new DTS.
Coachbuilders buy them and make a few more modifications and sell them.
They are kind of nightmarish to work on actually.
i'd like to see an '05 DTS with the stretch...i think the new dts could benefit from the extra 6 inches...

any pics of the new dts-L......anyone??

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think they should have stretched the rear door instead of the c-pillar area...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts