Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the 00 - 03 Seville (STS or SLS) comes with a factory front strut tower bar (F.S.T.B)? or is one available in the aftermarket if not? & if not, where would be the best place to get one & what brand? :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
El Dobro said:
The STS comes with a strut tower brace. Part# 25653157 and the book list on it is $29.21.
Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. So the front strut tower brace is factory equipment on the STS. How far back (in model years) does it go? What I mean is, has it always been a factory item on the STS as far back as say the '92 model to the '03 across the board? (I ask cause there is no mention of this important suspention component in any STS brochure I have read) or has it just been a part they installed on since the 2000 model year & up? I'm just courious is all. I also wonder why they would have it listed in the parts book for $29.21 as well......with the exception of an accident, why would you need to replace a part like that if it's already factory? Many thanks again for your expertise on this issue! :bouncy: :worship:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That brace is from '98 (when they changed the Seville chassis) to the current year. I believe it comes only with the STS because the SLS is on a pretty stiff platform to begin with. The earlier Sevilles came with the brace no matter what model it was. They're listed in the parts book mainly for crash replacement. It you take a good enough hit, it'll bend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Dobro said:
That brace is from '98 (when they changed the Seville chassis) to the current year. I believe it comes only with the STS because the SLS is on a pretty stiff platform to begin with. The earlier Sevilles came with the brace no matter what model it was. They're listed in the parts book mainly for crash replacement. It you take a good enough hit, it'll bend.

Thank you for the clairification, your help is much appreciated & helpful :) :thumbsup: I figured the strut tower brace was in case of an accident for replacement purposes, but thought I'd ask the question to double check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts