Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
The Cadillac advertising for the 0% for 60 months offer says:

"Monthly payment is $16.67 for every $1,000 financed for 2009 CTS models. Excludes CTS-V. Example down payment: 13.8%. Some customers will not qualify. Take delivery by 7/6/09. Not available with other offers. See dealer for details. "

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I was hoping for the same thing, but I called my dealer Wed afternoon and they had just gotten the notice in, and they confirmed that it excludes the CTS-V. Tough.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I don't think GM will offer 0% financing on the V. It is a low volume production vehicle and it wouldn't be worth it to them unless they had thousands of them sitting on dealer lots, which they don't.

I would say that the Corvette would have more of chance in getting 0% financing before the V. GM has done it before on the Vette. I had 0% financing on my 2002 C5/Z06 and 2003 C5/Z06 back when GM offered it. When GM offered 0% financing on Vettes, they sold like crazy a few years ago because people knew that if they passed up 0% on the Vette, they were going to miss out on a very rare opportunity.

SG

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I can't believe I did not see that. I guess I started feeling faint with excitement.

Joe

·
Banned
Cadillac
834 Posts
i wondered because i got an email from another caddy dealer (that i've been talking to about an escalade ext to add to the fam) and it said 0% on everything except xlr. i haven't had a chance to ask them about that as i just read it this morning...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
CTS: 0% up to 60 months (excludes V)

DTS/STS/Escalade/Hybrid/EXT/ESV: 0% up to 60 months

SRX: 0% up to 72 months

As usual, if you take the alternate APR it replaces any "customer cash" incentives.

C

·
0 Posts
This is stupid. I refuse to buy something that is not 0% financing... if they do not offer on the V, then I will not buy. This was the only GM product I was interested in so I could use my employee discount, but at this rate, I will be getting into another brand other than GM. They offer it on everything else, why not this car? Is it really making them money? They would sell out of this car if it were 0% financing. You can't tell me that is a bad thing for GM.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
^ thats probally the reason- why should they do 0% on a vehicle thats actually moving - that'd be like gm doing employee pricing on ZR1's. It just wont happen

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
This is stupid. I refuse to buy something that is not 0% financing... if they do not offer on the V, then I will not buy. This was the only GM product I was interested in so I could use my employee discount, but at this rate, I will be getting into another brand other than GM. They offer it on everything else, why not this car? Is it really making them money? They would sell out of this car if it were 0% financing. You can't tell me that is a bad thing for GM.
They are apparently not having a problem selling that car or they would almost certainly offer 0% for it. Let's face it the lots are not sitting there populated with Vs just sitting around not being sold. Too limited in production numbers for that.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
BMW's best offer on their $90,000 M5 is 2.9% financing. Considering you could probably get 4.9% on the CTS-V through a Credit Union AND save thousands with your employee discount, the V will probably end up $25,000 less expensive even when you factor in the difference in interest rate.

Quite honestly, I fail to see how the lack of 0% financing would cause any logical person to avoid looking at the car- unless they're just looking for a handout.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Considering you could probably get 4.9% on the CTS-V through a Credit Union AND save thousands with your employee discount, the V will probably end up $25,000 less expensive even when you factor in the difference in interest rate.
My C.U. is currently offering 3.99% on new cars. :yup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Although a few dealers, like our friends on this board, are willing to be reasonable on the price of a CTS-V, it appears that many dealers around the country (including the one where I bought mine locally) aren't interested in budging much from MSRP. They don't have to; they're not sitting on very many unsold CTS-Vs and neither is GM. I had to have my car trucked in from 1,000 miles away to get the color/option combination I wanted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
C.U. here is offering 3.7% for up to 66 months on new cars. Credit unions tend to have the best car financing.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
^ thats probally the reason- why should they do 0% on a vehicle thats actually moving - that'd be like gm doing employee pricing on ZR1's. It just wont happen
+1 It's all about supply and demand, and we're lucky that there aren't more dealers trying to charge well ABOVE sticker for this car.

Though 0% would pull a lot more people off the fence about buying a V.

C

·
0 Posts
Do they really make money off of the higher interest rates? Somebody does, but it is more than likely not GM. If they offered 0% financing, they would sell more cars and make more money that way. I am not understanding why a company in bankruptcy would not want to unload every car they could as fast as they can. Maybe new incentives will pop up now that todays bankruptcy proceedings went well. If nothing changes, I will probably go and buy a Ford product. I actually have the most respect for them since they have not become unraveled like Chrysler and GM.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
If you're more worried about who you're buying it from than the car you'll be driving every day, then that sounds like a swell way to do it. I personally wouldn't punish myself by taking an inferior product just to spite GM, but whatever floats your boat.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts