Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 ATS 2.0t and my back up camera has stopped working. The other day I was trying to solve another problem (my rear driver side door had no power) I realized whoever replaced that door did not have that door connected to the wire harness. I plugged it in and my rear door finally worked. (Rolled up, down etc etc) but ever since then I get this “service rear view camera” on my cue screen when in reverse. Idk if me plugging the harness together is related to this but I checked the fuse and it was fine. Any idea what could’ve happened and how I can possibly fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,294 Posts
Any chance while putting that connector together that you might have pulled on the wire and loosened another connector set on that same harness? True coincidences are quite rare so I would go back and physically inspect the wiring around where you were working (pulled connector, pinched harness when putting trim piece back in place, etc.).

It is also possible that a fault in the door is creating leakage and that is pulling down a line associated with the camera. Pull that connector back apart and see if the camera returns. There may be a reason why the previous owner left it disconnected.

Rodger

Reactions: 404Parts

·
Vendor
2019 Silverado LD | Blacked Out
124 Posts
@rsingl .... Couldn't of said it any better.

Plug it back, see if it comes back up. If it still doesn't work, then were dealing with coincidence. Let us know, we can help you diag and see whats up.

Reactions: rsingl

·
Vendor
2019 Silverado LD | Blacked Out
124 Posts
Let me know if you need any other help. PM the last 8 of the VIN and I can look at the diagrams as well. Please let me know what was repaired also, assuming it was in an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts