Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,643 Posts
Seems to be related to wheel rotation, the faster you go the faster the squeak. Could be a number of things such as brake pad(s) worn, rotor, debris to mention the most likely ones.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Noises are tough, and as I mentioned above...to me it sounds like a rotor/brake issue. I'm sure others will provide you with other possibilities. If it was just a noise caused by an up and down movement I would guess control arm (but I think that's more of a groan noise).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody know what this noise can be from?
Noises are tough, and as I mentioned above...to me it sounds like a rotor/brake issue. I'm sure others will provide you with other possibilities. If it was just a noise caused by an up and down movement I would guess control arm (but I think that's more of a groan noise).
I watch a video and a bad u joint sounds just like my issue

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I watch a video and a bad u joint sounds just like my issue
I've not heard a u joint sound like that. Best thing to do is take it to a mechanic and find out. Please let us know what it is. I'm still betting on something to do with the rotor/brakes, or maybe a bent rim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts