Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. my ‘05 ext has a strange rumbling noise/vibration after I hit 40mph, and the noise increases pitch with speed. Much more noticeable when I am harder on the throttle, if I drive it regularly I barely notice anything. Sounds as if it’s coming from the front. Have had front differential rebuilt with only 500 miles on it at this point, 2 front cv shafts replaced, and drivers side wheel bearing. Have not checked/replaced passenger side wheel bearing. Fuse for abs is pulled, due to abs coming on under 5mph, so traction control is off as well. Any ideas or input are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 310,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,157 Posts
My 2005 ESV Platinum has a similiar issue. The driver front has a wubble noise not a wobble. It happens over 25 mph as I barely turn the steering wheel right or left and continues through a turn. Driving dead straight its fine. Almost sounds like a worn brake pad on a rotor but its not. Below is a whole host of parts I have thrown at this problem. Every part makes the noise go away for a couple days then returns.

Here is what I have replaced on drivers side: Brake pads (ceramic), rotor, OEM caliper, OEM wheel bearing assembly, cv drive shaft, upper A arm, Lucas diff oil and Michelin LT tires.

I am not usually a shade tree'er that throws parts at a problem but this has me extremely frustrated. My next move is to replace differential bearing. YouTube has video on it.

With almost 300k on my vehicle, most of the replaced parts may be due for replacement anyways. At least thats my justification.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out the fresh rebuild on the front axle has gone to hell in a handbasket after 500 miles. Any ideas what may have caused that? I have heard that the adjusters or locking tabs for the adjusters are a weak point and are known to fail, can anyone confirm this? And if so, is there a fix for said issue???

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Short of replacing the front diff. I just replaced my power steering pump on a huntch I had. Rockauto $115.00 or so for AC Delco refurb'ed. No dice. I cannot for the life of me figure this problem out! This sucks...........

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Short of replacing the front diff. I just replaced my power steering pump on a huntch I had. Rockauto $115.00 or so for AC Delco refurb'ed. No dice. I cannot for the life of me figure this problem out! This sucks...........
Finally figured my rumbling problem out after replacing: driver side caliper, cv axle, wheel bearing hub assembly, power steering pump, rotor and brake pads both sides. Turned out to be passenger wheel hub assembly.

The crazy part is that the nouse and the vibration sure seemed to be from driver side. I am an idiot.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts