Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both went bad - need advice, where to buy new ones.
Minus degrees (C) in nights already :ill:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
minus c at night? Where do you live?? I am in SE WI, we are in the low C, but still + still. Maybe 40F (9C or so) at night at the coldest. But nice 20-25C in the day (60-70F).

As for switches, see boneyards. You might take them apart and see if you can rebuild them. Armoral and spray stuff is deadly to them. The contacts are often silver or brass, and might be able to be polished so they work again. The switches are often crimped, but can be carefully taken apart.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Estonia, Scandinavia, approx. 500 miles from Santas home :D
Yes scrapyards are probably best places, but here i can found only scrapped opels and rice cars.
We dont have much US cars in boneyards. And old ones are pretty dead - no hope to rebuild them.
I been looking them in ebay, but no luck....
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I'm wondering what went out on my '93, the switches or the heating elements themselves. The little lights on the switches never worked, but both seats always heated up very nicely for about the first year we had it--then they just seemed to stop working. Sometimes I think I feel a little warmth if I keep the switch on for a while, but other times, doesn't seem like much of anything is heating.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have FSM, there is good description, how to test those circuits and elements.
If not, i can scan those pages and upload here.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
vanaisa said:
If you have FSM, there is good description, how to test those circuits and elements.
If not, i can scan those pages and upload here.
Yep, got the book, just haven't looked in it yet.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
caddycruiser