AC Lines for 1992 Brougham
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, AC Lines for 1992 Brougham in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    ejallison1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Brougham Limo

AC Lines for 1992 Brougham

I recently purchased a 1992 Brougham Limousine 5.7L that was converted by Superior. I love the ride of this Caddy compared to my VW's and it does make a statement! Lot of thumbs up when riding around! It is my first Caddy. AC went out and in Florida it is a must. So am redoing the system. AC was working properly but compressor started making a chattering noise and not cooling as well. I am having trouble sourcing the AC lines that come off the compressor. (R4) Here a pic off the internet showing what they look like. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...m/2238638.html

I have searched all the auto stores(rockauto/autozone/advanceauto…) and can't locate anything that resembles this. I did a search for both commercial chassis and sedan base which always pulls up this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUR-SEASON...oAAOSwBA1ceOw3.

Any help sourcing much appreciated.

What is the purpose of the round canister on the high side line going to the condenser with the high side port???-crap can if the compressor grenades?

No black death when I opened it up. Replacing the evaporator(because I found it super cheap) accumulator/drier, compressor and hoses that come off the compressor if I can find them. Not going to replace the condenser unless I have a known leak. Planning on EnviroSafe12 and ester oil-have read all the pros and cons. Was converted to R134A in 2001 according to sticker. I am pretty sure the hoses on it are original but the system still had some charge before I began.

A few quick questions since am new to this car. What is the difference between a commercial chassis and a regular base sedan? I am thinking Superior used the commercial chassis?? I read that the commercial chassis doesn't have ABS. Is there a beefier frame so that they can split the car? It only had 48XXX miles on it when purchased, now 51xxxx.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

DB2Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '84 Eldorado and Seville

Re: AC Lines for 1992 Brougham

Why do you think you need replacement A/C lines? Chances are you don't. Any leak is probably the seals at the joints or the compressor leaking.
    I would replace the seals first. Those Rockauto should have as well as a replacement compressor.

GM part number 3526341 for the hose assembly. Doubtful you will find that on eBay or anywhere else. Some A/C line set makers may have a replacement.
    You would need to search the internet to find a place.

The canister I believe is a compressor muffler.

Used parts you can find here
    http://www.car-part.com/

I usually use the Cadillac King out in CA.

Check this posting for other sources.
    https://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...parts-etc.html

What is the difference between a commercial chassis and a regular base sedan?

The price. LOL Not sure but probably the commercial has some stronger parts on the suspension, tie rods, etc.

Check this website for the line set. I see a AC Delco part number for 3526341

https://www.polarbearinc.com/PBPC/Homepage/Search/HA/Cadillac_HA.html

ejallison1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Brougham Limo

Hi! Thank you for responding with the part number. Just did a search and you are correct that it is unobtanium. Only option is to have a custom AC hose made up if needed. I initially thought that the "muffler" contained some sort of desicant and would need replaced. After a little investigation it was obviously empty. Like I said have only worked on VW's so am getting familiar with this beast. Put the old hose back on and pulled a vacuum. Will check in morning if it is holding a vacuum. If so will recharge. Glad to have found this website. Not much out there on these particular caddy's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in