Wester's, Northstar Performance, and CHRFAB. Working together for one FAST FWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Wester's, Northstar Performance, and CHRFAB. Working together for one FAST FWD in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Great news. Wester's Garage in Alberta Canada cracked the Northstar PCM. 96-99 can now be programmed. I'll be the first ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX

Wester's, Northstar Performance, and CHRFAB. Working together for one FAST FWD

Great news. Wester's Garage in Alberta Canada cracked the Northstar PCM. 96-99 can now be programmed. I'll be the first to have a full tune done by them on a 1999 STS, black on black. Torque management totally removed, timing advanced, 1st gear lock-out removed, no speed limiter, the works.

This means my '98 can be tuned to match the cams I have in there from CHRFAB. I just spent a bit over 40 minutes on the phone with Allen and he's going to be grinding a custom set for me soon.

The power packages I have planned are looking very promising now, and so is supercharging. This is good because I have 220 new engines to build up either in stock form or modified for performance.

Once work is done for the day I'll be responding with some more info on this. Lyndon gave me the permission to post this. Lyndon Wester has done a wonderful thing for all of us Caddy owners and we owe him a big show of gratitude for his efforts and determination.

The first Caddy tune will be on a factory cammed- black on black 99 STS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

STSS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11

Re: Wester's, Northstar Performance, and CHRFAB. Working together for one FAST FWD

I am trying to keep from getting my hopes up.... Hope this is as good as it sounds.... Can't wait to see what it can run with a "tuned" pcm.

00-04 next?

Re: Wester's, Northstar Performance, and CHRFAB. Working together for one FAST FWD

Yeah they're still working on cracking the 00-04s. I wasn't going to say anything until I was sure that they were totally sure. I spoke to Lyndon last week and again today- everything is TRUE. Wester's has a good reputation.

I can't wait to get that PCM back and see what this STS will do. I'll be posting videos and as much information as I can. Too bad the local track isn't open yet. Maybe I can get them to open it for a few runs.

I've got butterflies......

I smell burnt rubber...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it.
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Based on our previous conversation you seem to have covered a lot of ground in a hurry..........

Looks like I go to Cecil Dragway come April and get a set of baseline timeslips............

Yes Sub it was only a matter of time before this information was going to be released and Lyndon gave me the go ahead. We have a lot of stuff to do now. The cat's out of the bag.

Sub you're in line for a tune. I'll keep in close contact with Lyndon and I'll be calling you the minute I hear anything.

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

wow this is good timing for me woohoo! more details please

Edit:

This is very exciting... i just had a big rush of motivation. So much i want to do with this car now. Will you be flashing at your shop? You mentioned supercharger, I have a couple turbos i've been sitting on from 90's chev diesels... Me and Brandon were talkin about putting one on a 4.9 .. would it be realistic now to put on on my 99?

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum

I thought the pre 2000 was cracked about 2 years ago? Where's the news here?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Just out of curiosity, what's the cost?

Code - to my knowledge nobody has been able to change all the parameters in the PCM until now. I know people were experimenting, I know some things have been cracked, but now, according to the info I got from Lyndon, all 96-99 PCMs can be tuned and anyone with around $500 can have this done. He wants me to test this on my '99 and get some results back to him.

I know certain things have been done before by other forum members but to be able to remove 1st gear lock out, advance the timing, change shift firmness, change idle speed, rev limits; well as Lyndon said there's basically nothing in there he can't change or play with.

2000-04 is in the works and that is GREAT news.

I can't wait to get my '98's PCM tuned to match the cams I installed. I removed the cat on that car, the exhaust is blowing out of the Y pipe right now. It sounds like a drag car. I've got to post that video soon as I find that darn USB cable.

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    the exhaust is blowing out of the Y pipe right now. It sounds like a drag car.
    After I put a new engine in my 01, I drove around with just the Y pipe hooked up for about 30 mins, GF thought it was great.....

Oh to be ten again....

Hogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 1998 STS

Wester's Garage lists the 1996-2003 4.6 Northstar tuning at $495 on their website. It's been listed for a couple months now.
    You must ship your PCM to their shop.

Sounds fun Jake.

peace
    Hog

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in