Very Strange Electrical Issues 93 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Very Strange Electrical Issues 93 STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, I have a 93 Cadillac Seville STS that is having some strange electrical issues and am looking for some ...
    ATLSean74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Very Strange Electrical Issues 93 STS

Hi, I have a 93 Cadillac Seville STS that is having some strange electrical issues and am looking for some help, please! At night, my interior dash lights will not work unless my foot is on the brake pedal, and even then they are very dim. Also, when I turn the left turn signal on, the dash lights blink at the same rate as the turn signal. I have also noticed that all of the left side body lights are out...taillight, front marker light etc. I pulled the "left parking light" fuse in the trunk and it was blown so I replaced it. Then everything worked ok. I turned on the turn signal once more to check it and ALL the lights except the headlights started blinking. I turned the car on and the fuse blew once more, so now I am back where I started from, no left lights and having to push on the barke pedal to get any interior lights at all. Please help!! THanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Very Strange Electrical Issues 93 STS

Why don't you post this in the Electrical or Seville forums instead of the engine/transmission forum. You'll get better answers there.

Good luck...
    Mike

I have just posted to where you mentioned...Thanks!

CharBroiled is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It sounds like maybe a wire shorted somewhere and melted the individual wires that control that stuff together before the fuse blew. Maybe at a block connector or something. Are all the other fuses that control that stuff OK?

crf95sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

have you ever had the radio out? There is a harness that runs through the lower dash that is related to the cluster lights. Possible?

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It looks like it has intermittent short somewhere in turn light cuircuts. Plus, bad grounds of stop lights, that is why you got other lights on when you press brake.

Thank you all so much for your help, OldGamer is right, it was a rear tail light causing the issue, apparently on of the bulbs fused with the connector in the circuit causing it short. all is well now after replacing wiring connector and fuse. Thanks!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in