Fly Eagles Fly....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Fly Eagles Fly.... in General Discussion; They may have been DISGUSTING uniforms... but my God that was THE kind of game I like to see! I ...
    AMGoff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer

Fly Eagles Fly....

They may have been DISGUSTING uniforms... but my God that was THE kind of game I like to see! I guess McNabb just needed to piss himself off!

Let's just hope there's a repeat against the Giants next week...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Fly Eagles Fly....

What's the story with those ugly uniforms? I flipped the game on, saw the Lions behind, and went out to wash & wax a car. I had to look closely at the names of the teams playing, because the Eagle's uniforms looked more like those for a college team.

MN-STS-LOVER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (Crimson Pearl)

The Eagles must be glad to be rid of Brad Childress......Can't tell you how happy we are to have him!....NOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOT...shall I continue?

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata

Welcome to the Hotel California!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

YAY! The Eagles finally found a crappy enough team to beat! Packers: No, Redskins: No, Lions: SUCCESS!!!

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Welcome to the Hotel California!
    something tells me all is not well in jesdas pants tonight

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    What's the story with those ugly uniforms? I flipped the game on, saw the Lions behind, and went out to wash & wax a car. I had to look closely at the names of the teams playing, because the Eagle's uniforms looked more like those for a college team.
    Supposedly those were the team's original colors... this year is the franchise's 75th Anniversary... so I guess it was some sort of tribute... whatever it was I'd recommend they wear them next week against the Giants just play on the safe side!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    YAY! The Eagles finally found a crappy enough team to beat! Packers: No, Redskins: No, Lions: SUCCESS!!!
    Well... for one, the Lions have the best passing game in the entire league... but furthermore... the Eagles were ON today. McNabb finally seemed comfortable and like his old self... he was actually putting the ball where it needed to be. Not only that but someone lit a fire under the defense's ass. Everything came together really well... it's not that the Lions were a "crappy enough" team... it just that the Eagles were playing the way.. well.. the Eagles should.

It may have taken three weeks to get everything right - but better late than never. We'll know if they're back for sure come next week.

dita0401 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 CDV 102k

Quote Originally Posted by AMGoff View Post
    They may have been DISGUSTING uniforms... but my God that was THE kind of game I like to see! I guess McNabb just needed to piss himself off!

Let's just hope there's a repeat against the Giants next week...
    How do you sleep at night? Beating the Lions is worse than beating up special kids. You cant get excited about that.

Of course we couldn't do it last week thanks to the great HC Brad Child in a Dress. Hell, I could put up decent passing numbers on that B.S. soft zone we run all f'in day.

Yesterday was just target practice..

The real competition will be the next couple of weeks.

Despite a horrible first three quarters against Gibbs & Co last Monday night... McNabb actually seemed to find a little of his old "groove" in the fourth, although by that point it was too little too late. Just from that quarter though I knew we'd see some good things yesterday. I think that Curtis is going to do some really good things this season... McNabb has needed someone other than Westbrook to throw the ball to for a while! Hopefully McNabb + Westbrook + Curtis = a good season!

The only thing I HATE is that whole black/white QB shit McNabb started last week. For God's sake... man up! Just admit that you weren't quite ready for prime-time at the start of the season. Regardless of black, white, QB, football player... you're human... people don't snap back from an injury like that so quickly. All that was, was a rouse to hide the fact that he came back too soon and wasn't quite at the level he needed to be at. It was controversy for the sake of controversy... and I don't like that. If he really does feel that way then he only does it to himself... I don't think anyone else does, at least I don't.

dita0401 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 CDV 102k

The black/white thing in the NFL is there but its no worse than it is everywhere else. Its just got to get flushed out of society as it slowly is. Hes just most likely trying to get the light off of his weak play. Everyone knows its still an issue but it's not a issue of it resurfacing as much as it is an issue of how long it's taking for true equality.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in