Wills, trusts and funerals
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Submariner409
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Wills, trusts and funerals in General Discussion; ...
    Jakerin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Wills, trusts and funerals

Have you finished all these yet? I procrastinated for a long long time, even after I decided to really do it. The very idea was depressing to me. What motivated me was my age and my not wanting to burden my kids with those details after I pass. I shopped around quite a bit and I know that sounds strange, shopping for a funeral etc but the prices varied quite a bit once I got into researching everything. Finding an attorney for a proper fee was a relief. The help was much appreciated in drawing up the durable power of attorney, revocable trust and my will along with an advanced health care directive. I paid extra for the transportation of my remains in case I pass somewhere other than in my home or locally. If Iím in Montana or just visiting my kids a few hundred miles away or, even if Iím out of the country (not likely) the expense can be huge if I pass any real distance from home. Itís really just an insurance policy like anything else you might insure. Not exactly sure why but my feelings really got in the way when I started the process. Now that itís all done I feel much better and Iíd urge anyone else thatís also procrastinating to just get it done, sooner than later. Having been an executor for one of my brothers the experience can be good or dreadful, depending on just how well youíre prepared.
    Just thought Iíd pass on my experience in case anyone else is waffling.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it.
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: Wills, trusts and funerals

All done, all copied to the 5 daughters, the county Register of Wills, our Estate lawyer, and the Merrill Lynch/BoA people. VA cemetery plats already reserved. All funeral services paid for, including transport of remains back to home locale.

Like you, I was my father's executor and it was a real eye-opener. Karen was her mother's, so we got it from both sides.

Currently pushing 80 with a short stick, but it was all pretty much done, for both of us, at 70 or so.

....... and here's an aside - Funeral insurance/planning. Set it up NOW because the costs rise annually - do it now and you're locked into that cost as of date of inception, not date of death.
    Jakerin likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in