Where is the high beam switch???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Where is the high beam switch??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm really ashamed of myself. I can't find the high beam switch on my 69 deville convertible. I looked under ...
    corella is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Deville convertible

Where is the high beam switch???

I'm really ashamed of myself. I can't find the high beam switch on my 69 deville convertible. I looked under the carpet on the drivers side floor and nothing. I looked on the dash for something that looks like a switch. nothing. I don't have an operators manual so no help there. I am so embarrassed because I have owned this car for three years and never actually driven it at night. Yesterday I was driving at night and it was a lonely country road so I thought I would hit the brights. That's when I realized I can't find the switch!! Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Learnmesomin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 70 Deville, 93 Allante
    There should be a floor switch. It would be left of the brake pedal, close to the side kick panel. I'd recommend taking of the kick panel and looking under it. Might be that the panel is covering it. Either that or someone removed the switch.

corella is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Deville convertible

Re: Where is the high beam switch???

Thanks for the note "learninmesomin". That is exactly where I was looking for it. But alas nothing was there. I have, since my last post, researched the problem and it seems that Cadillac had an automatic headlight dimming system. Actually there were a couple of systems, twilight sentry, and another one. My headlight switch on the dash shows tells me I did not have the option, but maybe someone replaced the dash before I got the car. (MY car has an absolutely pristine dash) I work a LOT so it takes me longer to get the time to work on my car.....but I am still trying to figure it out. I've looked under the hood to see if I can find any of the headlight dimming circuitry. So far I have not found anything. If it turns out that I do not have this option, then I will mount a dimmer switch on the floor and get on to the next problem. But THANKS for taking the time to respond!!

Learnmesomin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 70 Deville, 93 Allante
    NP, good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in