CUE black screen / dead - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE black screen / dead in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Unload it, then bail out of here. 3 posts and all you can do is bitch rather than ask the ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: CUE black screen / dead

Unload it, then bail out of here. 3 posts and all you can do is bitch rather than ask the members for fixes/workarounds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cadillacdupedme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None listed
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Unload it, then bail out of here. 3 posts and all you can do is bitch rather than ask the members for fixes/workarounds.
    I'm guessing that half the people on these forums work for Cadillac. Interesting that they want to chase you off the moment you say anything negative about Cadillac or GM. That's right just let the dealership, Cadillac and GM keep screwing you. Government Motors puts out a crap product end of debate. They know perfectly well that these systems will fail because they test them before they even build the cars. Same with hiding problems with brakes, suspension systems and known fires caused by electrical shorts in these and other GM cars. To them it's nothing more than a gamble as to how many people will be injured or even killed by their product before they have to do recalls or accept responsibility. They look at the numbers. They do not look at the customers. I was stalled by two separate Cadillac dealers here in Columbus Ohio until my bumper to bumper ran out. Cadillac reviews with major consumer advocacy companies plummeted after these cars started showing all these faults. They couldn't sell enough of these ATS, CTS, XTS, and now the CT-6 and are discontinuing everything and trying to sell a whole new crop of badly built cars. The vaunted upgrade of the cue system will prove to be another boondoggle. Thanks Government Motors! They like a lot of other corporations should have been allowed to fail, been broken up and bought by perhaps Japanese investors are even the Chinese who could put out a reliable vehicle. The Chinese probably secretly own a big chunk of GM anyway.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

The two Forum members who DID "actually work for Cadillac" have been absent for years and neither EVER shilled for the brand. One was a salesman at a large dealership; the other was a GM Powertrain Engineer. No active Moderator or even the corporation that owns the site are in any way even remotely affiliated with Cadillac/GM, so get off your suspicious soapbox.

This is a fixit site for a particular brand of vehicles. Most members like their vehicles and, warts notwithstanding, try to keep them running and clean. For someone like you - a whining, negative noisemaker - to hop in and trash their vehicles is not in good taste. If you fix your problems, let us know; otherwise, tone it down, please.

Just like The American Dream: love it or leave it!

EDIT: Your experiences with dealership "stalling" in Columbus, Ohio. Did you contact Cadillac Customer Care in these forums or try to contact a GM/Cadillac regional representative? Others in these forums have had some luck there.
    purelux, purelux, Serg675 and 1 others like this.

Miss MyParkAve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

DupedMe: - sorry to hear about all those problems... after my fresh battery install, i have had no problems. I do think that the dealers / GM knows that the CUE system is rather harsh on the battery life. But having said that, i am not sure this will get any better as more and more electrical systems get designed in. Whatever it is, i am trying to hold on to my car for a few more years.

Badassville: interestingly.... you mentioned a Sirius XM turn on. THAT was coincidental with my original issue too! And so that makes me go Hmmm. I did suspect
    there was a possibility of software shenanigans related to the Sirius re-engagement of service (they do that for a couple of weeks as a promotion) caused an issue and drained the battery. Well as you know, once an older battery is drained down - that's it, you need a new battery. In my case, since it was the original battery and a full 4 years old, i really could not argue too badly. BUT, the dealer still charged me the diagnosis fee $179 - oh well.

I'm not going to pay any attention to the characters that keep trying to chase others off because they tell the truth about these cars. To suggest that anyone should contact GM customer care is a complete joke and they know it. That's nothing but an independent phone bank that may or may not get back to you in may or may not contact the dealership and that phone call only pisses off the dealership even more that they have to do anything to these cars. So the past two days of course another fault shows up the flashers are going off and the dealership is blowing smoke up my ass saying they're doing me a favor they're just going to charge me for the parts. I had to ask for two different loners to get one that was clean. And then after a little more research I find yet another bulletins put out this says that these dealerships are supposed to do this fault repair for free completely and without question I'm not paying for diddly-squat! I notified the dealership about this of course heard nothing back so I'm assuming that everything they say from now on is nothing but a huge lie. The cue system I am guessing they did not replace they simply replace the plastic front cuz I found that repair bulletins as well. All they did was diddle around with the software yet again because it continues to cut in and out. And then know perfectly well they should have replace that switch which sits right next to the damn thing for the flashers even though I told them many times before especially while it was still under Bumper to Bumper to fix it. So now here I am yet again so bring it on boys. I'm talking to the one or two jackasses who insist on responding to me with insults and threats. This is a forum for nothing. Stop taking it so seriously. Your lives must be pretty pathetic to feel the need to attack someone online anonymously. I for one don't care because it's just shit through a goose, water off a duck's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacdupedme View Post
    I'm not going to pay any attention to the characters that keep trying to chase others off because they tell the truth about these cars. To suggest that anyone should contact GM customer care is a complete joke and they know it. That's nothing but an independent phone bank that may or may not get back to you in may or may not contact the dealership and that phone call only pisses off the dealership even more that they have to do anything to these cars. So the past two days of course another fault shows up the flashers are going off and the dealership is blowing smoke up my ass saying they're doing me a favor they're just going to charge me for the parts. I had to ask for two different loners to get one that was clean. And then after a little more research I find yet another bulletins put out this says that these dealerships are supposed to do this fault repair for free completely and without question I'm not paying for diddly-squat! I notified the dealership about this of course heard nothing back so I'm assuming that everything they say from now on is nothing but a huge lie. The cue system I am guessing they did not replace they simply replace the plastic front cuz I found that repair bulletins as well. All they did was diddle around with the software yet again because it continues to cut in and out. And then know perfectly well they should have replace that switch which sits right next to the damn thing for the flashers even though I told them many times before especially while it was still under Bumper to Bumper to fix it. So now here I am yet again so bring it on boys. I'm talking to the one or two jackasses who insist on responding to me with insults and threats. This is a forum for nothing. Stop taking it so seriously. Your lives must be pretty pathetic to feel the need to attack someone online anonymously. I for one don't care because it's just shit through a goose, water off a duck's back.
    I'm using yet another crappy system this Google Voice recognition and I'm not going back to edit it to make my grammar proper F that.

Mskarakis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Did you ever fine the problem. I'm have the same issue on a 2014 srx

Mskarakis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Did you ever fine the problem having same issue

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500

miss park avenue.If you subscribe to Onstar they can diagnose many issues by accessing your car and running a diagnostic check,avoiding the fee.But obviously if its something serious the dealer will nail you.

Russman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same thing happen to me. My wife opened the glove box while I was driving and the screen went black and wouldn't come back I turned off the car and then back on and it still didn't work. Finally I opened the glove box and slammed it shut and the screen started working again. I don't recommend slamming the glove box but it made it work again. crazy. Cue system is horrible.

purelux is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    The two Forum members who DID "actually work for Cadillac" have been absent for years and neither EVER shilled for the brand. One was a salesman at a large dealership; the other was a GM Powertrain Engineer. No active Moderator or even the corporation that owns the site are in any way even remotely affiliated with Cadillac/GM, so get off your suspicious soapbox.

This is a fixit site for a particular brand of vehicles. Most members like their vehicles and, warts notwithstanding, try to keep them running and clean. For someone like you - a whining, negative noisemaker - to hop in and trash their vehicles is not in good taste. If you fix your problems, let us know; otherwise, tone it down, please.

Just like The American Dream: love it or leave it!

EDIT: Your experiences with dealership "stalling" in Columbus, Ohio. Did you contact Cadillac Customer Care in these forums or try to contact a GM/Cadillac regional representative? Others in these forums have had some luck there.
    There's some people there is no solution for something is always wrong or if it isn't something is going to be. I saw a post then saying oh cc is just a phone bank. While sometimes the customer care could be a call center, that doesn't mean your concerns don't make it to the necessary people or have an impact.

38 Chevy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

While this thread is a year old, the problems persist. My CUE (system or screen, I don’t know which) have been replaced twice. Once was just before I bought it at 47,000 miles and again at 65,000. It still goes black from time to time. I discovered the fuse pull & replace on my own. It works every time so far. These are poor systems that should be upgraded by Cadillac. My only option is to sell it!

lifelongGMowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It simply doesn't matter how old the thread is, CUE is HORRABLE and the way Cadillac is handling it is even more HORRIBLE. Ours is a 2014 ATS. Cadillac has done NOTHING for us. China screen $93.00 and 20 to 40 minutes, done. Your only recourse is another brand.

Apac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    It's unfortunate but I am in the middle of going through this same painstaking process of troubleshooting the cue system. My 2013 ATS screen went black a few weeks ago I've done everything in the book to try and fix it everything that's been mentioned on this for him among other things I've replaced the screen just now hoping it would work and it still black no steering wheel controls nothing I've pulled all the fuses I've let the negative terminal off the battery for hours I don't know what else to try. I don't know if it's my battery I suppose it's possible because a couple weeks ago I was on my way home from work and my battery was dead I took it to AutoZone they tested it and said it was good but I don't think it's a coincidence so apart from buying a new battery I'm running out of ideas guys

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Apac View Post
    It's unfortunate but I am in the middle of going through this same painstaking process of troubleshooting the cue system. My 2013 ATS screen went black a few weeks ago I've done everything in the book to try and fix it everything that's been mentioned on this for him among other things I've replaced the screen just now hoping it would work and it still black no steering wheel controls nothing I've pulled all the fuses I've let the negative terminal off the battery for hours I don't know what else to try. I don't know if it's my battery I suppose it's possible because a couple weeks ago I was on my way home from work and my battery was dead I took it to AutoZone they tested it and said it was good but I don't think it's a coincidence so apart from buying a new battery I'm running out of ideas guys
    Obviously, you haven't painstakingly done EVERYTHING in the book to fix this or else you wouldn't be posting. More specifically, what book are you using?

If you want to repair the CUE yourself, the first requirement is proper technical documentation to understand how the system is supposed to work followed by some troubleshooting skills to determine why it doesn't.

The fact that you're trying to tie them in with a hail Mary longshot throw to the battery, (which is still supplying power to the rest of the vehicle systems, right?) shows you're basically lost when it comes to logical troubleshooting this problem. And that's okay; not everyone is a troubleshooter, but we all work hard for the money, so do yourself a favor and save some: Get help. Seriously. Pay a competent mechanic to fix your car for you. You'll be money ahead in the long run. It's cheaper than guessing too, which appears to be your main course of action so far.

The first clue that should indicate replacing the screen is a complete waste of time/money is the loss of lighted controls on the steering wheel. Those have nothing to do with the screen other than they're powered from the same source. Putting two and two together is called symptom recognition. Your screen is most likely blank and your lighted switches are dark because your system is dead. If the fuses are fine, swapping the screen out won't do anything except lighten your wallet with the added possibility of damaging your interior during replacement.

What sends power to the screen and lighted switches? The head unit. If you have power to the head unit, then it's the most likely culprit, followed by the HMI module, followed by an interconnect between the system components. Rapid, effective troubleshooting begins with an understanding of what the problem is, followed by determining the most likely cause.

Or, you can pray. --Just don't hold your breath while awaiting any miracles.
    JPRSKI likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in