XTS Intake & Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By ccclarke
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Intake & Exhaust in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Looking for a intake and exhaust for my XTS. Can't seem to find any online. I understand there may not ...
    jaybomb36 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac XTS Luxury

XTS Intake & Exhaust

Looking for a intake and exhaust for my XTS. Can't seem to find any online. I understand there may not really be a huge selection for them. If anyone has any suggestions or anything please let me know, and if any videos as well on how they sound, that is appreciated as well. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac XT5 (2017)

Re: Cadillac XTS Intake & Exhaust

I think your only plan of action is to trade for the twin turbo model: XTS V-Sport 410 h/p

Obviously there is options for the non V models.

Petevw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Luxury, 2002 Chev. Trailblazer LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by jaybomb36 View Post
    Obviously there is options for the non V models.
    If they're so obvious, what are they?

The guy before said the only way is to trade it in for the Vsport, which is unnecessary. My point was is that obviously non V models could still be equipped with a intake and exhaust , as any car can. For the XTS it's a little more difficult to find them, I am hoping to see if anyone has any suggestions on a intake or exhaust they use or have seen on a XTS. So if anyone knows, the information is appreciated, thanks.

rockit is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

Re: XTS Intake & Exhaust

Exhaust wise, the manifolds are cast in the heads, but you knew that, so that leaves muffler mods which aren't going to do much. Besides, I read that if those massive resonators are messed with, the noise will not be pleasant. Probably not good on a Caddy. Can't improve a whole lot on the composite intakes nowadays. I saw an intake spacer for the LFX rear drive version that drops the rpm power band some. Might be good for some added midrange at the expense of top end, but I don't think it's a drop in on the FWD version and you ditch the engine cover and hope the hood closes. You could take the heads and have them ported, but again I think modern casting , machining methods are pretty hard to improve on. Maybe a ported throttle body for giggles might net 5 hp if it doesn't screw with the computer. Oh yeah, the computer, you could try a dyno tune for a grand or so if your warranty is up and hope they don't lean it out too much and burn a hole in a piston. Don't think gear changes are an option, maybe small wheels, oh that messes with the computer probably. How about one of those K&N air filters or some kind of shade tree cold air intake. Just my 3 cents.

Anyone know of any exact intake system or exhaust they've seen in a XTS? Or that is used by the owner ?

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

The reason you're not being inundated with an overabundance of intake and exhaust options is because the XTS is not supported by any of the major aftermarket vendors, (Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, FlowMaster. . . ) which isn't surprising; --the normally-aspirated XTS was not designed as a performance vehicle in any way, shape, or form.

Note the beaucoup amount of XTS mods (of any kind) mentioned on this site. They're limited to windshield wipers, cabin air filters, car mats, tires, wheels, and the occasional stab at installing properly-operating back-up LEDs. You might score a tune, but they've had mixed results.

While competent for what it's designed to do, the XTS is a full-size sedan and isn't likely to ever get the attention of aftermarket performance-oriented vendors. The demographics of your typical XTS owner don't support the effort.

If you want better performance, a V or V-Sport is the way to go, otherwise you can always visit a muffler shop and have them install some droning fart cans and troll for the occasional thumbs-up from an adjacent rice-burner revving at a red light. It is what it is.

CCC

Humorous reply, ccclarke, but yeah I would never let my car sound like a fart can, rice-burner, especially a Cadillac. My 2 previous cars were Infiniti coupes, the G35 and G37/Q60, which are obviously sport cars and I never stooped down to even altering the stock sound on those exhaust's to make them sound like farts. (In my opinion the Infiniti exhausts are one of the best sounding stock exhaust notes on any car so it would be foolish anyway to change them anyway) but anyway I just want a little noise to the XTS. I understand they aren't made for that but a little noise wouldn't hurt. May just do a short ram intake, found one and my friend can make any modifications if need be, loving the XTS and thanks for the replies.

moneyblinded is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Delete

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in