Key Fob Programming Procedure? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Key Fob Programming Procedure? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ELDORADO2K And the dealer aka full price, $270 bucks. Yes, I seen that. I tried to find ...
    wornslick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2018 XTS, Luxury Trim

Re: Key Fob Programming Procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by ELDORADO2K View Post
    And the dealer aka full price, $270 bucks.
    Yes, I seen that. I tried to find the fob on a GM parts website but didn't have much luck.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

36Rock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

We have the same problems, no display on the DIC. Went ahead with the steps but the Lock or Unlock doesn't work. Any idea from there for us to try?

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
    You can use mycadillac.com to lock unlock car from your smartphone.

callmike02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville, 2014 XTS

Hi, just to add to the conversation... I've programmed two new key fobs in my 2014 XTS with success on both counts. These were not bought from a GM parts distributor. In fact, one was purchased from Ebay and the second was purchased from a chinese vendor. For my part, this was an experiment as much as anything else. One thing I think leads to successful programming to to use the key from the "known to work" key fob, then drop that key fob in the drink holder closest to the compartment that contains your fob programmer. I followed the instructions in the owner manual. Both of the $18 ones I programmed have been working for over 2 months without a hiccup. I hope this helps...

JK007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium

FWIW, I used a valet key fob (both of the original key fobs were missing when I purchased the car), to program 2 replacements for a 2013 XTS. I did not have the DIC display when I turned the key 5 times in the driver's door. I followed the instructions posted earlier on this thread -

Revised Instructions (abbrev)
    Working TX in cup holder
    New TX in pocket
    Key five times
    Press "START"
    Wait 30 or more seconds
    Remove TX from pocket
    Check by pushing "lock " or " Unlock" on new TX
    If works Push and hold "Start" for 10 seconds
    Wait 15 or longer minutes if car is locked up
    Everything thing should then work

- and it works perfectly. The key fobs I ordered were off of amazon here (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Thanks again to Levedr for the instructions!
    callmike02 likes this.

swwags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I realize this post is old but wanted to add some info. I just reprogrammed a FOB I bought off eBay for my 2013 SRX. Like everyone no display on the DIC and I followed the procedure in the manual anyway and had no issue, just no display.

I noticed that some have trouble with their original remote and the new one (no start) after trying the procedure and there's advice in this thread to leave the car for 15 minutes or disconnect the battery.
    Not necessary. Just follow the procedure in the manual or the alternate one listed here in this thread and understand there is no DIC.

If you think it failed, just press and hold the start button for 10 seconds (foot off the brake) per the instructions. Your lights will flash and your car is now out of programming mode so the old fob will work. No need to wait 15 minutes or disconnect the battery.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in