Oil pan leak
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Oil pan leak in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So after a routine oil change, my dealer detected what they called an upper oil pan leak. After ordering parts, ...
    ricktherealtor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Vsport Platinum

Oil pan leak

So after a routine oil change, my dealer detected what they called an upper oil pan leak. After ordering parts, I brought my car in for the fix. They've now had it for two weeks. Apparently, it's quite a job to disassemble everything to get to the seals in question. After five days, and a road test, they discovered that it still leaked . The tech had to re-do the entire job. I'm still waiting to hear back as to results and as to when my car will be ready. My previous DTS had the notorious half case leak. I'm beginning to think that GM can't build an engine that doesn't leak. The car has 28,000 miles. Has anyone else had this problem? How common is it? I'm not impressed that everything has been removed and re-done twice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cutlass is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2

Re: Oil pan leak

Itís not as common as the old case half leak. The oil pan is sandwiched between the engine front cover and the transmission so front cover removal is part of the repair process and that is good amount of work on its own.
    A very efficient tech should be able to complete this oil pan job in a day or two. Then maybe a half day or overnight of letting the sealer dry before refilling the fluids and starting the engine. For an average or slow tech, itís a much bigger task and could take an extra day.

ricktherealtor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Vsport Platinum

Re: Oil pan leak

Thanks for the explanation. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in