17LX or 18LX??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TopherS
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 17LX or 18LX?? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So looking at the XTS, with 19 being the last year the prices are dropping. Since MRC wasn't standard in ...
    airframer84 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

17LX or 18LX??

So looking at the XTS, with 19 being the last year the prices are dropping. Since MRC wasn't standard in 2018 and both are Lux models does the MRC make that much of a difference in softness or does it just firm it up like an adaptable chassis?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Re: 17LX or 18LX??

Quote Originally Posted by airframer84 View Post
    So looking at the XTS, with 19 being the last year the prices are dropping. Since MRC wasn't standard in 2018 and both are Lux models does the MRC make that much of a difference in softness or does it just firm it up like an adaptable chassis?
    I would not buy an XTS without MRC.

I test drove an '18 Luxury and it rode worse than my '15 Platinum even though the Platinum has bigger wheels.
    You definitely do not want 20" wheels on an XTS (or LaCrosse, or Impala for that matter) without MRC.

Woodoggie is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '18 XTS Luxury

Having your suspension update 1000x sec. is an amazing technology!
    My only problem is the presets. It's Obviously too much to ask that a "Advanced Driver Mode" continuously variable slide like a volume control or fan speed from "Tour to Sport" (or even a variable inside a preset for the control freaks at GM)? I think that is why people complain about too stiff, too soft, etc. It would seem over time a driver could find their "Goldie Locks" MRC setting and isn't the reason for updating your suspension 1000x sec. what it's all about.
    Oh sorry, I was dreaming again!

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 18 XTS Lux AWD (30K mi), 06 SRX V6-AWD (69K mi) *** Traded - 08 DTS, 87 Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by m_eaton53 View Post
    I would not buy an XTS without MRC.

I test drove an '18 Luxury and it rode worse than my '15 Platinum even though the Platinum has bigger wheels.
    You definitely do not want 20" wheels on an XTS (or LaCrosse, or Impala for that matter) without MRC.
    It's definitely a matter of preference ...

Before I bought my '18 Luxury (no MRC), I test drove a '15 Premium Luxury with 20" wheels and MRC. It had 21K miles on it. It had all of the features I was hoping to get in the XTS, but I simply could not handle the ride. It was punishing. Every blemish in the road transmitted to the cabin. It was terrible. I asked the salesman to ensure it was not in some sort of sport mode or whatever that would stiffen up the ride. By the time we got about 2 miles into the test drive, I told him I hated it and asked him several more times to check the settings. We checked to be sure, but I could not find any such settings and neither could the salesman.

I would have bought it if the ride were decent. But, I could never live with that ride. I decided at that moment that I would never buy one with MRC. Perhaps it's possible that an XTS with MRC, but with smaller wheels and with tires that have more sidewall would be OK.

I then test drove my '18 XTS (Luxury AWD ... no MRC). It's got the standard wheels/tires. The ride is fine. It's soft enough to not transmit the road irregularities, but it is not as soft as my DTS that I traded in ... which was not as soft as my 87 Brougham d'Elegance I traded for it. My XTS without MRC does not have that soft, "boulevard ride" that I wanted ... but no car does these days.
    ricktherealtor1 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in