CUE Software Update - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE Software Update in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jghiller Are you referring to TravelLink from Sirius for Weather? So you dont have any built in ...
    MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Re: CUE Software Update

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Are you referring to TravelLink from Sirius for Weather? So you dont have any built in realtime traffic with the new CUE? That probably requires a DATA plan as well and provided your Onstar Plan offers Connected Navigation, then I am guessing you would see Traffic info - different from NavTraffic offered by Sirius. Plus unlike the Traffic plan for Sirius based radios, NavTraffic does not provide nationwide coverage. Like I said I need to check with the sales guy at my dealer to see what info he has. Investing in a current model Cadillac is almost like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards. More is available but at additional costs beyond the price of a new car!
    Correct, you cannot get Sirius/XM TravelLink with the updated Cue. You will get Traffic info through OnStar but in order to get weather you have to subscribe to a data plan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    I had the Software update performed this morning. It is believed that it will address both my XM and CUE issues. I was at the dealership for three hours.
    Cue screen display is still defaulting. The verdict is still out on the XM issue.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Correct, you cannot get Sirius/XM TravelLink with the updated Cue. You will get Traffic info through OnStar but in order to get weather you have to subscribe to a data plan.
    I don't have a data plan and pay only $25.40 a year for XM Travel Link. This include a half-dozen XM channels thrown in.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    I don't have a data plan and pay only $25.40 a year for XM Travel Link. This include a half-dozen XM channels thrown in.
    You cannot get XM Travel Link with the updated CUE in the 2018-2019 XTS and CT6. In order to get the weather feature you must have a data plan. The XM weather Icon is not even an APP on the updated CUE Screen.

MHT

Cue screen display is still defaulting. The verdict is still out on the XM issue.
    We are now waiting on the approval from Cadillac to replace the CUE in my car with a new CUE in hopes that this will resolve the CUE Screen default issue.

You cannot get XM Travel Link with the updated CUE in the 2018-2019 XTS and CT6. In order to get the weather feature you must have a data plan. The XM weather Icon is not even an APP on the updated CUE Screen.
    That REALLY sucks!

Cipro is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    CCC. Do you receive music channels with travel link

RedCadi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury

Not sure how CUE's climate control is difficult to use.

Of all the CUE subroutines, it's always been set-it-and-forget-it from the main climate control screen. I enter the left and right side temps, and press the exterior Auto switch. At the end of the summer, I disable "AC". Occasionally, I defrost the windows in the winter with the touch of one exterior switch. Pretty darn simple and no more complex than any other vehicle I've owned.

Maybe you just got lucky. Sounds as if yours is operating correctly for CUE.

It's still a lot of fiddling around for something that should be thermostatically controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    CCC. Do you receive music channels with travel link
    Just received a paper copy of my annual Travel Link SiriusXM renewal invoice today: $23.88 (excluding tax).

As far as music, in a word: no. Besides the weather icon on the CUE top menu bar, I get a few news channels including NPR, the BBC, plus Classic Radio Shows (XM 148) which I like for long trips. None of these channels are advertised as being offered in the XM Travel Link plan.

For music, I use my iPod via CUE with thousands of songs I want to hear - not what XM offers with their never-ending multitudes of commercials - even though they advertise their service as "commercial-free music." Not!

CC
    [email protected] likes this.

Cipro is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for the info

Serg675 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS FWD Premuim 3.6 V6, 2014 ATS AWD Luxury 2.0T V4

I get a few news channels including NPR, the BBC, plus Classic Radio Shows (XM 148) which I like for long trips. None of these channels are advertised as being offered in the XM Travel Link plan.
    These chanels are free. You don't need to have any subscription to listen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg675 View Post
    These chanels are free. You don't need to have any subscription to listen them.
    They may be free, but when my subscription to XM weather expired last year, I lost the ability to access them. As soon as my subscription was restored, the channels were accessible once again. The only (XM) channel I could receive in the interim was the channel that displays the XM Receiver ID.

CCC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in