XM Radio Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jghiller
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XM Radio Problems in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; XM Radio, unable to change stations, no station information shows and Subscription Expired this action unavailable message. Turn car on ...
    MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

XM Radio Problems

XM Radio, unable to change stations, no station information shows and Subscription Expired this action unavailable message. Turn car on and off and XM will work as normal. After several signal resends XM said that the XM Module needs to be reset so I have an appointment with service department to have that done. XM is also saying that this is a known issue that service should be aware of

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Premium

Re: XM Radio Problems

Sometimes the XM receiver itself needs replacement. Long ago with the 08 CTS I often would lose connectivity. Had to wait until I could show dealer a picture of random failure. Took over a year to get the receiver replaced despite it being an obvious point of failure.
    RedCadi likes this.

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Sometimes the XM receiver itself needs replacement. Long ago with the 08 CTS I often would lose connectivity. Had to wait until I could show dealer a picture of random failure. Took over a year to get the receiver replaced despite it being an obvious point of failure.
    Thank you, I had to have a receiver replaced in a new 2014 Buick LaCrosse and it was like pulling teeth to do so. It did not take a year but it took a lot of going back and forth between XM and the dealership.
    I hope the software update will take care of things as I know a receiver replacement will not happen without a fight. This new issue is much like the CUE screen display defaulting just another minor annoyance that I hope I do not have to live with

MHT

I received a call from the service manager today saying that there is a new software update out that has not been applied to my car. He is thinking that the software update will solve not only the issue with my XM radio but also the Cue screen display defaulting which it has done since I purchased the car in September 2018. The car will be going in for the software update on Monday

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in