2016 XTS vibration - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2016 XTS vibration in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Maybe you could take it to a shop that has a dynamometer. That would permit running with the front wheels ...
    ktriebol is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2016 XTS vibration

Maybe you could take it to a shop that has a dynamometer. That would permit running with the front wheels only while the car is stationary. It may be helpful to know if you still have vibration under those conditions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

jim1890 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Goodyear RSA tires have been problematic for years. This is one of many stories that I have heard about people having vibrations with these tires. Put on some Michelins, problem solved.

alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 2015 XTS

I have a 2015 that vibrates at idle. Sometimes it is worse. I took it to the dealer and got the same story, they consider it normal. I have been thinking of taking it to my friends repair shop and put it on his computer.

MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by disappointed xts View Post
    I purchased 2016 XTS FWD 10000 miles as a CPO. I knew it had a vibration when I test drove it, expected it to be covered under warranty. The vibration starts to be evident around 50 mph, vibrates at the same rate no matter the speed and continues to over the speed limit. Vibration can be felt in the floor, seat and steering wheel. Dealer has checked wheels for trueness, still vibrates, road force balanced the tires, still vibrates, four new tires, still vibrates. Run diagnostics and used a pico meter, still vibrates. Dealer says they all do this and they can't fix it. GM sold 22,000 of these, I can't believe they all do this. Looking for some feedback from anyone with a similar car.
    If they tried switching the tires and wheel from a car that you did not feel the vibration but still feel it in your car than there is a remote chance that for whatever reason they may not be able to correct this issue.
    Things happen but it is to bad that you did not have them to address this issue prior to you purchasing the car.

Mike 09 V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 SRX; 09 V

Maybe the vibration isn't from the wheels at all. Maybe the engine has a balance problem, or a motor mount; something that gets to it's harmonic point and then you feel it. FWIW
    Cutlass likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in