2014 XTS Luxury AWD MPG
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2014 XTS Luxury AWD MPG in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; On a recent trip from Colorado Springs Colorado to Omaha NE, while doing 65 mph I average 36 miles per ...
    Mickey01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2014 XTS Luxury AWD MPG

On a recent trip from Colorado Springs Colorado to Omaha NE, while doing 65 mph I average 36 miles per gallon, and when I did 75 mph I was down to 30 mpg. Coming back I averaged around 28 against the wind. These numbers seem awful high for a Cadillac with a six cylinder. I was just wondering if my computer was off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Mr Earl is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury - Graphite Metallic; 1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - BRG

Re: 2014 XTS Luxury AWD MPG

Those do seem high. On the way there, you descended 5000 ft over 600 miles, with a tailwind(?) so that helped. The XTS EPA 28 mpg highway is from a 10 mile test at 48 mph avg with 60 max. These cars are slippery tho.

Cipro is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    My last trip was a bit over 200 miles at 33 miles per gallon. The car performed and handled like a dream. In spite of the few issues you read on this site the XTS is one he'll of a car especially for the price of a low mileage well maintained used one.

Mr Earl is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury - Graphite Metallic; 1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - BRG

Re: 2014 XTS Luxury AWD MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    My last trip was a bit over 200 miles at 33 miles per gallon. The car performed and handled like a dream. In spite of the few issues you read on this site the XTS is one he'll of a car especially for the price of a low mileage well maintained used one.
    Cipro - My thoughts exactly. When looking to replace our full size Tahoe, we started with Ford Explorers and Chevy Traverse. They were in the low to mid 20s for ones that were 4-6 years old with 60K miles or less. Decided that SUVs were too popular and overpriced. Looked at some Chevy Impalas and by chance an XTS. Came to realize that a comparable used XTS is only 1-2K more than an Impala. Have memories of my grandfather's Cadillacs in Akron, OH. He knew Harvey Firestone. Very happy with the 53K miles XTS we found in Phoenix 6 weeks ago.

Mr Earl

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in