Ill-fitting Onstar Antenna
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thegabbycat
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Ill-fitting Onstar Antenna in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone's XTS ever come from the factory with an ill-fitting On Star antenna? I didn't notice right away before ...
    richm64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS

Ill-fitting Onstar Antenna

Has anyone's XTS ever come from the factory with an ill-fitting On Star antenna? I didn't notice right away before purchasing it that it doesn't sit completely flush with the roofline, and now my car's been at the dealer for 3 days where they are trying to fix that issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cutlass is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2

Re: Ill-fitting Onstar Antenna

Iíve seen one that didnít fit well. Turned out the roof was slightly dented from hitting a garage door or something.

Mr Earl is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury - Graphite Metallic; 1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - BRG

My 2013 seems a little loose, I've had some tree stuff get stuck under it. It doesn't have a gasket under the edge, but there is likely a seal under there.

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 luxury XTS;2016 luxury CTS

Hello, I had no problem with the shark fin antenna on my XTS. But our 2016 CTS did have an issue. The antenna was not flush with the roof. I was informed that this problem had been seen before. I was told that there is no way to tighten it to eliminate any gap. The antenna had to be replaced under warranty. But to do that,the interior headliner needs to be dropped. After that repair, the headliner no longer attached as tightly at the top edge of the rear window.

On a slight tangent, the headliner on my XTS did get replaced as it started to droop at the edge near the rear window. It was a known issues on at least model years 2013 and 2014. But after the replacement, it was never quite the same. Certain areas came loose and needed to be reattached. And I have some small buzz/rattle that occurs when crossing highway expansion joints at certain speeds.

So my closing comment is to be cautious of any repair for which the headliner may be removed as it may not be the same thereafter.
    RedCadi likes this.

richm64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS

Unfortunately, it appears that they most likely had to mess with my headliner in the antenna replacement procedure. I do see a couple of tiny dirt smudges on it. And my car was delivered to me with a screwdriver still left on my seat! I'll need to check it out during the daylight hours tomorrow to see if the headliner isn't fitting as well as it originally did. All this, and my car has a grand total of only 400 miles on it so far, probably a third of which was from going back and forth to the dealer so far.

Cutlass is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by richm64 View Post
    . All this, and my car has a grand total of only 400 miles on it so far, probably a third of which was from going back and forth to the dealer so far.
    Ive been there. I just bought a used CPO GMC (from one dealer) and almost immediately needed to go into service (at a different dealer). Two weeks worth of repairs and detailing before I really got to drive my truck. But it really feels great to have it all fixed up and ready to go.

Ken4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS platinum

My 2016 XTS is a little not quite fitting right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in