Bridgestone RE97 A/S
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Bridgestone RE97 A/S in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have tried to like them but I just do not care for the Bridgestone RE97 A/S 245-40-20V. I tried ...
    MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Bridgestone RE97 A/S

I have tried to like them but I just do not care for the Bridgestone RE97 A/S 245-40-20V. I tried the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus but they did not work out. As I desire to stay with a Grand Touring Tire I am now considering the GoodYear Eagle Touring W speed rated.
    If you are in to tire reviews, at Tire Rack the GoodYear Eagle Touring is rated far better than the Bridgestone RE97 A/S. I have driven on the GoodYear Eagle Touring on my previous owned CT6 and really had no real issues with them. For me, I think the fact that the Bridgestone RE97 A/S is really a High Performance tire just makes me think that even with the W speed rating the GoodYear Eagle Touring Grand Touring Tire will offer a slighly smoother and most definitely quieter ride.
    I checked with a tire dealer and he said that he felt there would be very little difference in the ride of the W speed rated and the V speed rated tire on my car as I do not want the ride the any firmer than what it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

TURBO2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac XTS Premium V-Sport

Re: Bridgestone RE97 A/S

If you're looking for ride quality and don't care about handling, ditch the 20's and get a set of 18" wheel/tire combo.

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO2 View Post
    If you're looking for ride quality and don't care about handling, ditch the 20's and get a set of 18" wheel/tire combo.
    Although I would not go with 18" wheels the 18" wheels would not accommodate the Brembo Brakes on my XTS. It is even questionable as to wether or not the 19" wheels would accommodate them. The service manger and Cadillac Customer Service also recommended against changing from the OEM 20" set up.
    I am ok with the 20" but just not feeling the Bridgestone RE97 A/S OEM Tires.

I had the GoodYear Eagle Touring on my CT6 and found them to offer both a smooth and quiet ride more so that the Bridgestone's. I just ordered a set and will give them a try and see how I like them.

Thank you for your reply

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    I have tried to like them but I just do not care for the Bridgestone RE97 A/S 245-40-20V. I tried the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus but they did not work out. As I desire to stay with a Grand Touring Tire I am now considering the GoodYear Eagle Touring W speed rated.
    That's interesting.
    Tire Rack does not like the Goodyears as well as the Pirellis. But they don't like the Bridgestones at all.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by m_eaton53 View Post
    That's interesting.
    Tire Rack does not like the Goodyears as well as the Pirellis. But they don't like the Bridgestones at all.
    If you are into the Tire Rack customer ratings you will see that the GoodYear Eagle Touring is very close in ratings with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus. The Bridgestones Potenza RE97 A/S ratings are much lower than the GoodYear Eagle Touring.
    The Cinturato P7 Plus did not fit up to my OEM rims well. There was a very noticeable gap between the rim edge and tire side wall. The Cinturato also did not hold tire pressure well and exhibited more road noise than the Bridgestone's.
    The Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S is also more of a High Performance Tire than a Grand Touring Tire. Even though in my size it is a V speed rated tire why Cadillac would put an HP tire on 304HP car beats me. I could see an HP Tire on the XTS V-Sport but not on the Premium Lux Trim.
    I can't wait to see how the GoodYear Eagle Touring 245-40-20W is going to work out.

The Goodyears rate out pretty well.
    Not leaking is very important!

JPRSKI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 XTS Premium, 16 Lincoln MKC Reserve AWD, 14 VW CC Executive

Your options are limited in the 20" size and the Goodyear is all that's left, 19" should clear the brakes, it's a stock size for the car. Your tire options increase in that size too. I am on 19"s with Brembro's, all stock no issues. The 2019 19' and 20" wheels have identical off sets of 39. The only difference in the stock 19" and 20" tires is the aspect ratio, 45 for the 19" and 40 for20". The Customer Service rep should have told you why you could not change sizes or you should have asked. Mechanically the tires will fit, however the SW may get all confused on a 19" wheel because it is AWD, I do not know, the way they integrated the SW in the car is, interesting to say the least. Anyway, you may want to ask the question in a new thread and someone may have the answer.

That's interesting.
    Goodyears get a bad rap because of the number of them that are OEM on new cars and those same OEM tires are sold cheap to the unaware public who buy them. Over all the OEM Goodyears are ok when its dry and pretty crappy in anything else. Now not all Goodyears are bad, some are good, just do your research. Same thing for the OEM Michelins, Continental's and all the others that come on new cars. Very seldom do you get a tire really worthy of the car when it is new.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by JPRSKI View Post
    Your options are limited in the 20" size and the Goodyear is all that's left, 19" should clear the brakes, it's a stock size for the car. Your tire options increase in that size too. I am on 19"s with Brembro's, all stock no issues. The 2019 19' and 20" wheels have identical off sets of 39. The only difference in the stock 19" and 20" tires is the aspect ratio, 45 for the 19" and 40 for20". The Customer Service rep should have told you why you could not change sizes or you should have asked. Mechanically the tires will fit, however the SW may get all confused on a 19" wheel because it is AWD, I do not know, the way they integrated the SW in the car is, interesting to say the least. Anyway, you may want to ask the question in a new thread and someone may have the answer.
    Cadillac Customer service stated that the OEM wheel and tire size was what was fitted on the car and that is what is posted on the sticker on the door. Personally I really do not care to change the set up from what is posted on the door either. I am ok with the 20" wheels and feel that the GoodYears will accomplish what I am looking for.
    There are more tire choices in my size if I go with an UHP Tire but I prefer staying with a Grand Touring Tire as IMO an UHP Tire would be an over kill for this car.

I prefer staying with a Grand Touring Tire as IMO an UHP Tire would be an over kill for this car.
    Vogue is also an option for this car if the Goodyears don't work out, one I intend to take.
    They make a black wall version if you don't like the white/yellow stripe.

UHP is not over kill on the car, they make it handle much better however you will feel more of the road, which is what I prefer. Stick with grand touring for the softer and smoother ride however 20” tires will not give the smoothest ride. You may be able to go from 40 to 45 aspect ratio in the 20” size, not sure, I can verify tonight. 45 aspect ratio will be a bit smoother then the 40’s.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by JPRSKI View Post
    You are correct the 19" wheels should clear the Brembo brakes.

MHT

I just had the GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S 245-40-20W put on and IMO they are much better than 245-40-20V Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S.
    The ride is much smoother as the GoodYears do a better job absorbing impacts and the tires seem a lot quieter. The GoodYears have greatly improved the ride on these 20" wheels.

I just had the GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S 245-40-20W put on and IMO they are much better than 245-40-20V Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S.
    The ride is much smoother as the GoodYears do a better job absorbing impacts and the tires seem a lot quieter. The GoodYears have greatly improved the ride on these 20" wheels.
    They're also just about the least expensive "good" tire you can get as well.

They're also just about the least expensive "good" tire you can get as well.

Yup, even in the 19" size, I almost got them myself but I really wanted a UHP tire but did not want to pay the $$$'s for them, the Nokian ZLines I got instead were about the same price as the Goodyears and UHP. Overall, the choices of reasonabaly priced "good" tires for the XTS is pretty bad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in