Bridgestone RE97 A/S - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Bridgestone RE97 A/S in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Tires balanced right out of the gate. No problem with any tire being out of round. If anyone else is ...
    MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Re: Bridgestone RE97 A/S

Tires balanced right out of the gate. No problem with any tire being out of round. If anyone else is not pleased with the Bridgestone RE97 A/S you may want to consider the GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S.
    It is not that the Bridgestone RE97 A/S is a bad tire but it is a High Performance Tire that unlike the GoodYear Eagle Touring does nothing to improve the ride on the 20" wheels.
    Cadillac is really throwing customers for a loop with the way various features of the cars are packaged together. It really makes no sense not to offer the XTS Premium Lux with 19" wheels and than to put a High Performance Tire on the Premium Lux really does not make any sense.
    I could see 20" wheels and a High Performance Tire on the V-Sport but not on anything putting out 304hp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

coffee4matt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 16 ELR Crystal White/ Ebony

Researched every conceivable option avail for my 2016 ELR which came w/ Bridgestone RE97 A/S in 245/40/20's, and needed new shoes after 40K miles. Almost went w/ the Pirelli Centuros, but got a great deal last week on new OEM replacement Bridgestones at Costco, $100 off sale and free installation, so, only $840 for 4 installed including all taxes and disposal fees, etc. Drives like a new car again!! (Also low rolling resistance compound, good for a few extra mpg vs other options...)
    And you can't beat those $1.50 hot dogs while you wait!

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by coffee4matt View Post
    Researched every conceivable option avail for my 2016 ELR which came w/ Bridgestone RE97 A/S in 245/40/20's, and needed new shoes after 40K miles. Almost went w/ the Pirelli Centuros, but got a great deal last week on new OEM replacement Bridgestones at Costco, $100 off sale and free installation, so, only $840 for 4 installed including all taxes and disposal fees, etc. Drives like a new car again!! (Also low rolling resistance compound, good for a few extra mpg vs other options...)
    And you can't beat those $1.50 hot dogs while you wait!
    With rebate that was the out the door price that I paid for the GoodYears. They also came with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

MHT
    Quote Originally Posted by JPRSKI View Post
    Goodyears get a bad rap because of the number of them that are OEM on new cars and those same OEM tires are sold cheap to the unaware public who buy them. Over all the OEM Goodyears are ok when its dry and pretty crappy in anything else. Now not all Goodyears are bad, some are good, just do your research. Same thing for the OEM Michelins, Continental's and all the others that come on new cars. Very seldom do you get a tire really worthy of the car when it is new.
    If you go by the owners rating at tire rack for the GoodYear Eagle Touring here lies another problem. A lot of the owners own Tesla's. The GoodYear Eagle Touring on those cars are GoodYear Eagle Touring/ W Sound Comfort Technology which means the tire has some sort of foam inside that is supposed to soften up the ride and make the tire quieter.
    Most of the complaints by Tesla owners is the low milage some are getting with the tires but you may have to take in account what aTesla weighs.

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    If you go by the owners rating at tire rack for the GoodYear Eagle Touring here lies another problem. A lot of the owners own Tesla's. The GoodYear Eagle Touring on those cars are GoodYear Eagle Touring Comfort Thread which means the tire has some sort of foam inside that is supposed to soften up the ride and make the tire quieter.
    Most of the complaints by Tesla owners is the low milage some are getting with the tires but you may have to take in account what aTesla weighs.
    I don't worry about that stuff too much when I buy tires. I'll give up some miles for a good riding, quiet tire.
    A hard, loud tire will last a long time, but then you're stuck with a hard, loud tire for a long time!

MHT
    Quote Originally Posted by m_eaton53 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    If you go by the owners rating at tire rack for the GoodYear Eagle Touring here lies another problem. A lot of the owners own Tesla's. The GoodYear Eagle Touring on those cars are GoodYear Eagle Touring Comfort Thread which means the tire has some sort of foam inside that is supposed to soften up the ride and make the tire quieter.
    I don't worry about that stuff too much when I buy tires. I'll give up some miles for a good riding, quiet tire.
    A hard, loud tire will last a long time, but then you're stuck with a hard, loud tire for a long time!
    I totally agree. I also made the correction to GoodYear Eagle Touring/w Sound and Comfort Technology which is on the Tesla.

rockit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

Just to clear up the fitment comment, I've had 18" CT6 wheels with Goodyear Eagle Sport 2355018 tires for two years and 14k mi. now and am very happy with them. Also, my wife's Impala with 20's rides like a truck by comparison.
    Attached Images
    ricktherealtor1 likes this.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    Just to clear up the fitment comment, I've had 18" CT6 wheels with Goodyear Eagle Sport 2355018 tires for two years and 14k mi. now and am very happy with them. Also, my wife's Impala with 20's rides like a truck by comparison.
    I could be wrong but I doubt very seriously that your car has Brembo Brakes. The 18" Wheels will not clear the Brembo Brakes that are on some Cadillac's now. Brembo brakes will accommodate a 19" wheel and up.
    The ride on the 20" wheels will be much firmer than the ride you would get with 18" wheels but after replacing the Bridgestone Potenza's RE97 A/S with the GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S the ride om my 20" wheels is much better and almost comparable with the ride that I got on the 19" wheels on my previously owned CT6 but i also take in account that the CT6 rides can a 122" wheel base.

Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

Here's a pic of mine (note "Brembo" in small print below Cadillac) and this from the Cadillac 2013 Pressroom.
    "Standard Magnetic Ride Control, rear air springs, HiPer Strut front suspension and front Brembo brakes."
    Link:
    https://media.gm.com/content/media/u...S%20112712.pdf
    Attached Images

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    Here's a pic of mine (note "Brembo" in small print below Cadillac) and this from the Cadillac 2013 Pressroom.
    "Standard Magnetic Ride Control, rear air springs, HiPer Strut front suspension and front Brembo brakes."
    Link:
    https://media.gm.com/content/media/u...S%20112712.pdf
    I can clearly see that you have Brembo brakes. I guess it would be good if someone who has a 2017-2019 and has 18" wheels would chime in, as I am wondering if those brakes could be larger now. When I look at the Brembo brakes on my 2019 XTS it looks like a 19" wheel would just clear them. It looks like it would be a very tight squeeze with 18" wheels almost to the point of wondering if the brakes could function properly.
    There is no doubt in my mind that you are almost getting the old school Cadillac ride on those 18" wheels

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

I'll tell you what... those front brakes may be big, but it looks like one of the easiest brake jobs I've ever seen.
    Knock out two pins, undo two bolts and they're out. I don't think I'd pay someone to do it.

Haven't found a video on the rears.

They're beautiful too.

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic

When I bought my '13 XTS Premium it came with the 20" wheel option which I didn't want so my dealer swapped them for the 19's. Much improved ride. Nothing else was affected. No issues.

genoliver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V SPORT

from what I read Bridgestone R97 AS are not high performance tires, they are Grand Touring All season, and still crappy tires as far as I am concerned, can't wait to change mine, bought the car with 47K and previous owner must have just replaced them as they appear to have very little use

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by genoliver View Post
    from what I read Bridgestone R97 AS are not high performance tires, they are Grand Touring All season, and still crappy tires as far as I am concerned, can't wait to change mine, bought the car with 47K and previous owner must have just replaced them as they appear to have very little use
    The following is from Bridgestone who manufactures the tire:
    BRIDGESTONE POTENZA
    RE97 A/S
    PERFORMANCE
    ALL SEASON
    The Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS is the ideal choice for drivers looking for a high performance tire that offers all season confidence.

The entire Potenza line are all performance tires. Although the Potenza RE97 A/S has some Grand Touring like qualities, it is by Bridgestone standards a High Performance Tire. I would not say it is a crappy tire but for someone looking for the ride and comfort of a Grand Touring Tire I would not recommend this tire.
    I traded my Potenza RE97 A/S in for the GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S which is a true Grand Touring Tire. The ride and tire noise on the 20" wheels is much improved. As A true Grand Touring Tire the GoodYears do a much better job of absorbing impacts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in