Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good afternoon, all. 1st post for me, as I am not a current owner, but a potential one. I'd like ...
    87natty is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad.

Good afternoon, all. 1st post for me, as I am not a current owner, but a potential one. I'd like to hear from the XTS V-Sport owners (Platinum or Premium), and if you are satisfied with your purchase. I have read some concerning posts on this forum regarding the ease of bent wheels and interior squeaks and rattles. I like many things about this rig, and it seemed to be a great candidate to replace my current vehicle that will soon be turned over to my 15 year old son, but I don't want something that I can't depend on. Love to hear from real-world experienced owners who can chime in and let me know if there's any regrets.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
    Love it.im a car geek and love powerful cars.we bought a new 2017 2 years ago and love it.no problems during our 20000 miles and no issues.i have heavy foot so mileage isnt great,but that's not why you buy it.we have platinum,and it rides great and is very quiet on highway.also it has manual auto so you can toggle thru gears if you want.caddy takes big depreciation hit so my 70k car brings mid 50s used.plenty of room in cabin and trunk.if you buy one make them give you a spare tire,
    RedCadi and 87natty like this.

Re: Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    Love it.im a car geek and love powerful cars.we bought a new 2017 2 years ago and love it.no problems during our 20000 miles and no issues.i have heavy foot so mileage isnt great,but that's not why you buy it.we have platinum,and it rides great and is very quiet on highway.also it has manual auto so you can toggle thru gears if you want.caddy takes big depreciation hit so my 70k car brings mid 50s used.plenty of room in cabin and trunk.if you buy one make them give you a spare tire,
    Thanks for the response.... I'm well aware of the residual value, hence, I am looking at a 2014-2016 as these are less than half the original cost... sometimes less than 1/3rd! Glad to hear you like yours... hope to hear others say the same!

I know there was a CUE UPGRADE in last few years.i think it may have been 2017.so some research.mine has been fine.but I recall posts complaining about CUE in earlier models

chiefleaf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS V Sport Platinum, 2006 DTS Luxury III

I have a 2015 XTS vSport - Platinum AWD edition. Bought it in December 2016, a never titled GM program (PGA Tour courtesy) certified car with 7,400 miles on it and balance of factory B to B warranty. Sold factory 20" rims/tires (too many issues with road noise and potential rim problems) on Craig's list for what I paid for the replacements. Replaced with 18" Platinum Flux chrome wheels and 245-50R Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus SL tires from Tire Rack. Much quieter and more of the old school Cadillac ride, with same specs as factory 20" setup. Love the car ... the twin-turbo power, handling, accoutrements, bells and whistles, etc. Only issue was defective CUE screen which was replaced at no charge with warranty, last fall. Here's a picture ...Forum 2.JPG

ricktherealtor1 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Vsport Platinum

Very nice. I own a 2016 Vsport Platinum, and do enjoy the car. The few issues were the adaptive cruise control which occasionally drops off. (disconcerting when a big rig is bearing down on you from the rear). I've had a blind side alert sensor replaced (under warranty). My CUE seems to be working fine.
    In regards to the 20 inch wheels; I have to concur with various complaints. The rims themselves are showing signs of corrosion. I suspect that the bi-metal nature is the culprit. Also, the ride is less than plush. Certainly not the Cadillac ride of old. I would certainly like to downsize to 19 inch for a smoother ride. (don't know anyone who went to 18 inch, tho it looks good in the pix).
    The best part of the car is the twin turbos. I don't think that I could settle for the regular 3.6.
    In my opinion, the magnetic suspension is an overblown feature. It doesn't seem to do much for me. In fact, (dare I say it?), my wife's Cruze seems to be able to handle better in curves than my XTS. (at least by my seat of the pants observation).
    Yes, the depreciation is terrible. What luxury car buyer doesn't know this going in? My wife says this is my last Cadillac. (I've had two DTS's prior).
    This may have a Cadillac on the nameplate, but for those of us of a certain age, this doesn't have the prestige of Cadillacs of old. Of course there is a lot more fine competition out there now than there was 50 years ago. Is this thing worth 30-40 grand more than an Impala? Probably not. But then some of us have the vanity to want the name Cadillac on our lips when asked what we drive.
    Neko98 likes this.

MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by chiefleaf View Post
    I have a 2015 XTS vSport - Platinum AWD edition. Bought it in December 2016, a never titled GM program (PGA Tour courtesy) certified car with 7,400 miles on it and balance of factory B to B warranty. Sold factory 20" rims/tires (too many issues with road noise and potential rim problems) on Craig's list for what I paid for the replacements. Replaced with 18" Platinum Flux chrome wheels and 245-50R Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus SL tires from Tire Rack. Much quieter and more of the old school Cadillac ride, with same specs as factory 20" setup. Love the car ... the twin-turbo power, handling, accoutrements, bells and whistles, etc. Only issue was defective CUE screen which was replaced at no charge with warranty, last fall. Here's a picture ...Forum 2.JPG
    You definitely have more tire on the road. I tried the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus on my 20" wheels but the tires did not fit up to the wheels well and also seemed not to hold tire pressure as well as the OEM Bridgestone's so I had the Bridgestone's put back on.
    With the Pirelli there was a larger gap between the rim and side wall of the tire. It just looked like the tire did not fit. The tire dealer said this was not a problem but I just did not care for the look.

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by ricktherealtor1 View Post
    Very nice. I own a 2016 Vsport Platinum, and do enjoy the car. The few issues were the adaptive cruise control which occasionally drops off. (disconcerting when a big rig is bearing down on you from the rear). I've had a blind side alert sensor replaced (under warranty). My CUE seems to be working fine.
    In regards to the 20 inch wheels; I have to concur with various complaints. The rims themselves are showing signs of corrosion. I suspect that the bi-metal nature is the culprit. Also, the ride is less than plush. Certainly not the Cadillac ride of old. I would certainly like to downsize to 19 inch for a smoother ride. (don't know anyone who went to 18 inch, tho it looks good in the pix).
    The best part of the car is the twin turbos. I don't think that I could settle for the regular 3.6.
    In my opinion, the magnetic suspension is an overblown feature. It doesn't seem to do much for me. In fact, (dare I say it?), my wife's Cruze seems to be able to handle better in curves than my XTS. (at least by my seat of the pants observation).
    Yes, the depreciation is terrible. What luxury car buyer doesn't know this going in? My wife says this is my last Cadillac. (I've had two DTS's prior).
    This may have a Cadillac on the nameplate, but for those of us of a certain age, this doesn't have the prestige of Cadillacs of old. Of course there is a lot more fine competition out there now than there was 50 years ago. Is this thing worth 30-40 grand more than an Impala? Probably not. But then some of us have the vanity to want the name Cadillac on our lips when asked what we drive.
    I too am not a fan of my 20" wheels nor the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S Tires 245-40-20V but I am getting use to them. I tried the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus but they did not work out so I had the OEM Bridgestone's put back on.
    I too was looking at going with a OEM 19" wheels 245-45-19V tire but the tire dealer said for what little difference I would see the cost associated with such a change in his opinion would not be worth it and I pretty much agree. Because my car is equipped with MRC, Cadillac also advised against the wheel change.
    I think the Michelin Premier A/S will be the answer for me and I am just waiting and hoping that Michelin will release this tire in the size that I need. I have no desire to go with a UHP and prefer to stay with a Grand Touring Tire. Good Year makes the Good Year Eagle Touring in the 245-40-20W but the W Speed rating will make for a slightly firmer ride.
    I did take the OEM 20" wheels that came with my car off and purchased the OEM 20" wheels that come with the Platinum Trim and find them to be a much better looking wheel.

Thanks for the info, everyone! When I test drove a 2014 Platinum V-sport, I did notice a little more road noise on the highway than I had expected. That is probably a combination of an otherwise hushed interior (almost no wind noise was present), and the fact that the car was wearing the Potenza's, which, as I understand are notoriously noisy. I liked the car, otherwise.

I will be driving a 2017 MKZ 3.0tt AWD this weekend and I'm anxious to see how they compare. The MKS is certainly better sized to compete with the XTS, but I'm not a fan of the styling or gauge cluster on the MKS. Trivial, I know... but as an owner, the most often seen part of your car is the gauge cluster, and the MKS's is terrible. My initial assumption, is that the MKZ will be a little too small as I'm not a tiny fella. But, if I can get my 6'1" 240lb frame comfortable in that car, it might be a player. The XTS was very comfortable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    I too am not a fan of my 20" wheels nor the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S Tires 245-40-20V but I am getting use to them. I tried the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus but they did not work out so I had the OEM Bridgestone's put back on.
    I too was looking at going with a OEM 19" wheels 245-45-19V tire but the tire dealer said for what little difference I would see the cost associated with such a change in his opinion would not be worth it and I pretty much agree. Because my car is equipped with MRC, Cadillac also advised against the wheel change.
    I think the Michelin Premier A/S will be the answer for me and I am just waiting and hoping that Michelin will release this tire in the size that I need. I have no desire to go with a UHP and prefer to stay with a Grand Touring Tire. Good Year makes the Good Year Eagle Touring in the 245-40-20W but the W Speed rating will make for a slightly firmer ride.
    I did take the OEM 20" wheels that came with my car off and purchased the OEM 20" wheels that come with the Platinum Trim and find them to be a much better looking wheel.
    MHT, does this mean you have a V-sport Premium and you removed the wheels to swap with the Platinum wheels?

I know I'm in the minority but to me the 2017platinum vsport is the quietest,smoothest running car ive ever owned.i tend to underinflate tires a bit,running 33lbs which helps with smoothness.my 2011 ext is similar,but has much more comfy,seats
    87natty likes this.

How is the brake clearance with the 18" wheels? I was under the impression that the big Brembo's required a 20" wheel. Clearly not.

MHT
    Quote Originally Posted by 87natty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    MHT, does this mean you have a V-sport Premium and you removed the wheels to
    swap with the Platinum wheels?

No, I have a Premium Luxury AWD and purchased the OEM wheels that are on the
    Platinum, neither of these cars are V Sport.
    As a matter of fact with the 2019’s I have only seen the V Sport as being referred to as a V Sport and nothing more.
    87natty likes this.

ricktherealtor1 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Vsport Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but to me the 2017platinum vsport is the quietest,smoothest running car ive ever owned.i tend to underinflate tires a bit,running 33lbs which helps with smoothness.my 2011 ext is similar,but has much more comfy,seats
    I tried to soften the ride by deflating tires to 30 lbs, but my TPMS went nuts, so I had to re-inflate. Not sure what tires to get when it will be time for replacements.

TPMS are set to 75% of recommended ptessure,which isv36.so alert shouldn't come on till 27,so something is awry with your TPMS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in