Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I get an add air alert from OnStar at 32psi. -->...
    Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

Re: Sound off, V-Sport owners! Good or bad.

I get an add air alert from OnStar at 32psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
    On star ie predictive of potential issues.so it's telling you that pressure is lower than it would like.but it's not below operating range,which is 27 as a low
    Here's link to ons
    Tar prognostic a
    https://www.onstar.com/us/en/article...-for-your-car/

chiefleaf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS V Sport Platinum, 2006 DTS Luxury III

I invested hours trying to find some kind of specs on what was necessary to clear the brakes before I bought the Platinum Flux 18" wheels from Tire Rack. Their support person assured me they would fit using a source I couldn't find ... or I could return them. Obviously, they fit and the nice thing about the 245-50R 18" setup with these wheels is that there is less than a 3% difference in the overall diameter and none on the "footprint" so that there was no noticeable effect on the speedo or the turning. The benefit of the 18" setup is that there is 30% more sidewall than with the 20". I also tried running a little less air pressure, but get the same warning below 35 psi. Ahh technology!
    87natty likes this.

87natty is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but to me the 2017platinum vsport is the quietest,smoothest running car ive ever owned.i tend to underinflate tires a bit,running 33lbs which helps with smoothness.my 2011 ext is similar,but has much more comfy,seats
    Are you still on Bridgestone Potenza's?

87natty is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just to give an update: I did drive a 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt, AWD Black Label over the weekend. It was nice, refined, and maybe the quietest interior I've ever been in (I've been in a S-Class Mercedes). However, I felt a little cramped in it as I was afraid I would. Not so much with head or leg room, but with hip room and the side bolstering on the seatback was made for someone a little more.... ahem.... "fit" than myself. Overall, the cavernous interior of the XTS V-Sport that I drove won me over, and I'm still interested in getting one. Finding one close may be an issue though.

fleanote is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Platinum Vsport

2014 XTS Vsport Plat (Black) - Still love it, here's my complaints: The 20" wheels are an issue, they're soft, and I have already had to have 1 repaired whcih got cracked from a deep pothole. The rear view camera is dog-poop, but no one will refute that, it's just a cheap choice GM ran with at the time. My current issues may not be the car (could just be time and wear), but I have a transmission 'shudder' now which is to say when trying to accelerate from say a steady 60mph and then jump to 80mph+ the car judders and stutters as the horsepower kicks in. Almost feels like the tranny is trying to figure out which gear to use and violently rocks teh car forward-back as it finds its groove. Same behavior if i try to got from say a steady 80mph to 100mph+. My last current issue is the rear RSE; dual screen entertainment. Sometimes (not always) the 2nd screen behind the passenger seat will glitch and display nothing but a blueish hue and some static lines. I think its a sync issue, but no idea how to address it (if you know, would appreciate the advice!). Other than that, I still enjoy the ride.

m_eaton53 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 87natty View Post
    Just to give an update: I did drive a 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt, AWD Black Label over the weekend. It was nice, refined, and maybe the quietest interior I've ever been in (I've been in a S-Class Mercedes). However, I felt a little cramped in it as I was afraid I would.
    I've driven that car.
    It's nice, but you're definitely in a "cockpit" compared to an XTS, which feels quite spacious by comparison.

MHT
    MHT is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by 87natty View Post
    How is the brake clearance with the 18" wheels? I was under the impression that the big Brembo's required a 20" wheel. Clearly not.
    I was at the dealership parts department getting some clarification on wheel sizes. The parts manger was not certain that the 19" wheels would leave enough clearance for proper operation of the Brembo brakes let alone and 18" wheel.
    As I have stated before that Cadillac Customer service did not recommend changing from the OEM wheel set up.

cadillac93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2015 Cadillac XTS Vsport...,Trans did same thing ended being Torque Converter cars been at dealer for well over a month trying to correct the issue thankfully still under warranty!!

ricktherealtor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Vsport Platinum

Wow, a month at the dealer. I wouldn't say that's acceptable at all. Question, are you an aggressive driver, and/or did you ride her hard? I have not heard of any problems with the tranny or torque converter (unlike the CT6).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in