How to disable Leveling System 2014 XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ccclarke
  • 1 Post By genoliver
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, How to disable Leveling System 2014 XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey all, So not to long ago my rear suspension went out on my xts, it was cheaper to buy ...
    Jordanibrown98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How to disable Leveling System 2014 XTS

Hey all,

So not to long ago my rear suspension went out on my xts, it was cheaper to buy the spring conversion kit so thats what I did. The car has been great since but now I have a service leveling system like every once in a while. The person that installed them just pulled the fuse for the air compressor im sure, so how do I completely disarm the system to stop the message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Re: How to disable Leveling System 2014 XTS

In an attempt to save money, you have fundamentally altered one of the key operating characteristics of your vehicle by installing what amounts to a fixed rear ride height that flexes under load.

The Suspension Control Module expects sensor data to determine rear ride and side-to-side height. Without those sensors updating the SCM periodically, you're going to get error messages and extra hardware left on the vehicle that doesn't do anything. Compressors are relatively cheap and are the usual cause of rear suspension problems --after potential leaky air lines have been eliminated.

You need to remove the height sensors, determine what a nominal reading should be, and substitute a fixed resistor on each data input to mimic them. A set of pots that cover the entire resistance range of each sensor would be easier, since you can install them on the car set to mid-range, then keep a log as you adjust them until the error messages go away.
    acpantera likes this.

jimpav44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS

just the opposite, but my 2019 XTS Luxury, did not come with the auto level like my 2016 had as standard. I really liked the feature from the last XTS, and I'm wondering if the system ($$) can be retrofitted to my current XTS. With my past lease expiring I didn't have the time to find another XTS with the system.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

With enough money, anything is possible. Whether a dealer would alter the as-built configuration of the suspension system is a question requiring an answer before you crack your wallet. Besides the addition of the compressors, sensors, and suspension air bags, the BCM must be programmed to operate them.

genoliver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V SPORT

better to just buy another one with the suspension you want,
    acpantera likes this.

Besides auto level, my 2019 Luxury also didn't come with the magnetic ride control as well as my last XTS had........................actually, I wonder if Air-lift has any air bags to fit the car? I installed them on my truck and it really makes a difference. The question everyone is wondering is what in the world am I carrying that I would need air bags??? Well, we travel frequently down South to our other home, and really load the entire car up for the trip. My 2016 handled the load perfectly. Yes, I know, why didn't we buy the XT5 or 4??? Sorry, an Escalade was cost prohibitive!!

Ken4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS platinum

I see a number of threads where people want to add features to their car. For once I listened to my wife and bought a Platinum like she suggested. They do cost more though and are harder to come by.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

The Auto level with air springs and magnetic ride control starting with the 2018 model year is only standard with the Premium-Luxury and Platinum models.

Not to belabor this thread, and get it off track, but changes to the 2019 XTS, and probably other models, IMHO, was just GM's way of charging more $$$$ for a vehicle that had it standard in (year/s) previously. Probably the same reason they deleted the USB port in the flip up compartment, and other things I have yet to discover. If a Premium-Luxury and Platinum model was available when I needed to buy one, then I would have spent the extra $$$.

I still love this car, and like the CUE better, and it's a quieter (if you can believe that) ride ( I read someplace they used thicker glass??) ......plus I now have a "real spare tire!! Suggest we put this thread to bed............................

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS Premium

Stop with the "just buy the right car" comments! In the vast majority of cases, guys are here asking to add features to their just-purchased car because THEY COULDN'T FIND ONE WITH THE FEATURES THEY WANTED!!!

Geez. Every single time i've bought a car I have had to compromise and give up features I wanted because they were not available to me - at any price. With my current XTS I ended up with the only interior color I didn't want. Six freakin choices and I ended up with the only one I don't like. Why? Well it was either accept this color or accept 25k more miles. It wasn't a cost issue...there just weren't any 2015-17 XTSs within reachable distance of me with under 50k miles and something other than the shale/cocoa interior. I feel I made the smart decision.

I actually added a complete factory navigation system to my 2012 Lacrosse because I was unable to find a 12-13 Lacrosse AWD with nav that didn't have the g'damn beige interior. That was a huge project, and required a rogue programmer, but I got it done.

That said, while the air suspension is probably do-able (if you can find yourself a rogue programmer with access to an MDI and GlobalConnect), Magneride is just not going to be possible. Far too complicated to pull off - the risk of killing modules is too high there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in