Just Joined
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 1969byrdman
  • 1 Post By torched10
  • 1 Post By Ken4
  • 2 Post By TulsaVic
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Just Joined in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have been visiting this forum since March of 2017. I bought my 2016 XTX Platinum in May of 2017 ...
    Ken4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS platinum

Just Joined

I have been visiting this forum since March of 2017. I bought my 2016 XTX Platinum in May of 2017 that was a new left over from its model year. So I joined this forum a couple of days ago and thought I would post some pictures but I can not down size them enough to post some pictures. When I get it figured out I will post them. I don't really feel like a new be because I come here so often, and yes I had to have my Cue screen replaced because of de-lamination.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

1969byrdman is online now US Coast Guard: Semper Paratus
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 145K miles

Re: Just Joined

Welcome to the forums.
    RedCadi likes this.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
    You can send pics to you're selfl,and your email will ask you what size you want.or you can do it thru windows and do a save as,and change size.id have to look up how to do it on android

Ok just checked.if you have android,open gallery and select picture.click on edit, on bottom of screen and click on 2nd option on bottom.click on resolution and pick smaller one.click on check mark and it'll save it to gallery

GFK
    GFK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Luxury

Welcome. Hope you get lot of enjoyment out the vehicle. Mechanically, my has done fairly well. It has been some conveniences that have been inconvenience. Currently, I have one tire that loses 3 pounds or so within a week. The dealer can't seem to find an issue. Tires are due for replacing soon (Summer). That should give a better ideal of what the issue is (rim or tire).

Just had similar tire experience.turned out just had to reseal the tire bead.they couldn't see any bubbles,but reseal did the trick.if it was a rim,you'd definitely see a section bent from hitting a hole.had that too.luckly in in atlanta and there's a shop that repairs rims
    GFK likes this.

rockit is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

Enjoy your ride. What's the color scheme?

GFK

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    Just had similar tire experience.turned out just had to reseal the tire bead.they couldn't see any bubbles,but reseal did the trick.if it was a rim,you'd definitely see a section bent from hitting a hole.had that too.luckly in in atlanta and there's a shop that repairs rims
    Thanks!. I was told that the bead was good. I will ask for a reseal next time I am in. The dunk check for bubbles was probably the easier thing to do. This is probably my twentieth vehicle. But, it is the first one that has been so high maintenance.

It is Adriatic Blue with the light titanium interior. I moved from up state NY to eastern Tennessee about and I like the fact that I can drive the car year round, the roads are better here also. I traveled 600 miles from up state NY to Cincinnati Ohio to buy the car and when I was in NY the car was not driven in the winter. Sold my corvette and bought this.
    RedCadi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    You can send pics to you're selfl,and your email will ask you what size you want.or you can do it thru windows and do a save as,and change size.id have to look up how to do it on android
    I do not have a cell phone so I will have to figure out how to do it on my computer. I see I can not edit my posts so I can not correct my mistakes.

TulsaVic is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC

Quote Originally Posted by GFK View Post
    Thanks!. I was told that the bead was good. I will ask for a reseal next time I am in. The dunk check for bubbles was probably the easier thing to do. This is probably my twentieth vehicle. But, it is the first one that has been so high maintenance.
    Don't know where the car lived. But if it was in a snowy place where road salt was used, it's possible you have corrosion around the rim that messes with the tire bead. It's not really visible and resetting the bead won't help. After 3 years in Maine, my Jeep Grand Cherokee eventually had to have all four rims "polished" when each of the tires started losing air. Took the car to a good Mom & Pop tire shop (the dealer couldn't find the source) who spent time and discovered the leak.
    GFK and RedCadi like this.

GFK

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Don't know where the car lived. But if it was in a snowy place where road salt was used, it's possible you have corrosion around the rim that messes with the tire bead. It's not really visible and resetting the bead won't help. After 3 years in Maine, my Jeep Grand Cherokee eventually had to have all four rims "polished" when each of the tires started losing air. Took the car to a good Mom & Pop tire shop (the dealer couldn't find the source) who spent time and discovered the leak.
    Thanks! I stay in the SE. It seems strange. But, I will keep working at it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in