2015 XTS left front rattle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2015 XTS left front rattle in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, first post. I have a rattle in left front, been to dealer 6 times, 5 different mechanics. No one ...
    MartyMilo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2015 XTS left front rattle

Hi, first post. I have a rattle in left front, been to dealer 6 times, 5 different mechanics. No one can find it. Last mechanic said he had 30 years with cadillac, and when he heard the noise said, I have no idea what that is. He said front end is solid and nothing loose. Whatever it is, I don't think I should have to drive around with my windows closed to prevent it. I made a video, if anyone has had this problem, I'd love to hear what you found, thanks.

Watch "2015 Cadillac XTS rattle" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/s-JNsLc4Md8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Sorry. They also installed new left strut and lubed front end components numerous times.

Cipro is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Just a thought. Switch the front tire to the rear and see if your rattle follows. Simple but effective when hunting down problems like these.

PS. Include lugs also

They rotated tires with last oil change, still rattling. Cadillac customer service told me, some people just get used to noise? And after I took it to the same dealer on the 5th time, as suggested by customer service, I was told the dealer suggested I take it to another dealer, which was my 6th try.

Ok. I get it but consider that tire rotation would not move the lugs to the rear. They are not one solid piece but a capped nut. I know its a long shot but very easy to eliminate since the professionals have looked at all other aspects. I have seen this many times with cheap wheels. Remove one at a time and stress them.

Ok, I'll try anything right now, appreciate the input

bigrimsuv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2015 XTS left front rattle

I'm in the process right now with my 2014 XTS Driver front side making a clunk sound when I hit bumps. I also got the same responses as everything is tight and good. I took it to three shops and finally one said it has to be the strut mount. So the mechanic today said this is the worse design and that BMW had this design for the suspension then got rid of it. Then Chrysler and now Cadillac. They put it all back together and said I have to leave it there for the day because they have to take the whole suspension apart on that side to replace the strut mount. Dealer wants like 1,100 but I bought the strut mount for 74.00 on Amazon and having my back yard mechanic put it on. I just bought it from a dealer 3,000 miles ago with 28,000 and the dealer said he can't do nothing for me. This doesn't ride like my past few cadillacs.

rdodson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V Platinum

Re: 2015 XTS left front rattle

Quote Originally Posted by bigrimsuv View Post
    I'm in the process right now with my 2014 XTS Driver front side making a clunk sound when I hit bumps. I also got the same responses as everything is tight and good. I took it to three shops and finally one said it has to be the strut mount. So the mechanic today said this is the worse design and that BMW had this design for the suspension then got rid of it. Then Chrysler and now Cadillac. They put it all back together and said I have to leave it there for the day because they have to take the whole suspension apart on that side to replace the strut mount. Dealer wants like 1,100 but I bought the strut mount for 74.00 on Amazon and having my back yard mechanic put it on. I just bought it from a dealer 3,000 miles ago with 28,000 and the dealer said he can't do nothing for me. This doesn't ride like my past few cadillacs.
    My front right strut was replaced by dealer for $1200. No more clunking, rides just like new. I am not a back yard mechanic, in fact my son took all my tools away, LOL

bigrimsuv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Did you have to replace the whole strut or just the mount?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in