Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac Wheel and Tire Choice

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MHT 
#1 · (Edited)
On both the 2019 XTS and CT6 Good Year Eagle Touring (Grand Touring) 245-45-19 V
CT6 Good Year Eagle Touring ( Grand Touring) 245-40-20 W
XTS Bridgestone RE97 A/S (High Performance) 245-40-20 V

I can understand putting a Grand Touring W Speed Rated Tire on the 340hp CT6, but a High Performance V Speed Rated Tire on the 304hp XTS, IMO just does not add up.

The HP Tire is slightly firmer and emits a little bit more road noise than the Grand Touring Tire. I am now thinking I may try the Good Year Eagle Touring W speed rated. As I have driven on this tire when I had the CT6 I know it is a quieter tire than the Bridgestone and even with the W Speed Rating I think it will still offer a slightly smoother ride than the Bridgestone HP V Speed Rated.
The Good Year Eagle Touring does not come as V Speed Rated in size 245-40-20 so I would have to move up to the W Speed rated tire.

#2 ·
They use whatever name-brand tires they can get cheapest...and from my experience with GM, they always pick the worst ones. One of the first things I often do when I buy a new GM car is change out the wheels and tires. Didn't need to do the wheels with my XTS cause I don't hate them, they're acceptable. But I took the RE97's off and replaced them immediately with Continental DWS06. When I had my Lacrosse, I was able to sell the stock chrome 18's (with Michelin HXM's) for enough to buy aftermarket 19's and a new set of Eagle GT's. Lots of old guys hated the 19's on that car and were paying big money for the 18's, and especially if they were chrome...old guys love chrome.

But yeah don't try to find any sense in the OEM tire situation. There is none. Also don't look for good looking wheels...GM is not capable of producing a good looking wheel.

#3 · (Edited)
Very nice reply but it is not so much their choice in tires but look at the wheel sizes amongst the various trim levels which IMO really makes absolutely no sense at all.
After 2,700 miles I am getting use to the 20" Wheels and finding that the Bridgestone's are not as bad as earlier on, but I am still hoping that Michelin will come out with the Premier in size 245-40-20 V. I tried the Pirelli Centurato P7 Plus but they did not mount up to the wheels well and did not maintain tire pressure well.
As I prefer to stay with a Grand Touring Tire the only other tire option would be the Goodyear Eagle Touring W Speed Rated. As there is really no urgency to change I think I will hold out until spring in hopes that Michelin will release the Premire A/S in my size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.