Trunk Spare Tire Mount! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Trunk Spare Tire Mount! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by frontend Its good you found out before problem on road For sure! I'm not even sure it ...
    Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS FWD Platinum

Re: Trunk Spare Tire Mount!

Quote Originally Posted by frontend View Post
    Its good you found out before problem on road
    For sure! I'm not even sure it would've fit on my car if I needed it! lol

Max

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

frontend is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 etc 13 xts Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Maximln View Post
    More spare tire drama! lol Apparently, I ordered the wrong spare tire kit. I found this part number on a different post (84321654) & I looked it up on gmpartsdirect.com & it was a spare tire kit so I assumed it was the correct part. Apparently, it's an old part number & that's why it took so long to come in. There was only 1 left that was available. That part number does not seem to cross reference with anything so they aren't even sure what vehicle it goes to. I'm thinking probably an early model XTS & then it was superceded to a newer part number or possibly a whole different vehicle. Since the label was missing, GM said they would take the part back & they are going to order me the correct part which of course is a little over $100 more! The moral of this story is don't take part numbers to your parts guy. Let them look it up from your VIN number! lol
    Max
    Did they give you correct part number for wheel kit that fits your vehicle? Or did you just buy wheel ?

Did they give you correct part number for wheel kit that fits your vehicle? Or did you just buy wheel ?
    They ordered the kit but I didn't ask for that part number. Do you need it? I can get it for you?

Max

frontend is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 etc 13 xts Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Maximln View Post
    They ordered the kit but I didn't ask for that part number. Do you need it? I can get it for you?

Max
    After you get i and have a chance to post the number I would like to know Thanks

After you get i and have a chance to post the number I would like to know Thanks
    So the part number is 84230984. It's a lot more expensive than the one that I originally ordered but at least I know it is the right one. They ordered it based on my VIN number so I would just make sure that you have them check it against your VIN # to make sure it works for your vehicle. When I put the number in GM Parts Direct, it does come up as a tire kit but if I try to look it up on their website based on my vehicle, it does not seem to come up. It should come in Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully I don't have any flat tires until then! lol

Max
    frontend likes this.

Well I finally got the new tire kit. One of the reasons it was a little more expensive was that it came with the smaller storage compartment which I had already ordered so if someone needs it, let me know. It also came with 2 new plastic retainers to hold the storage compartment down and also new labels for the spare tire label. I thought it would come with a whole new label but it only came with an overlay for the existing label. It's easy to put on & looks good. I feel safe again!

Max

spare2.jpg
    GFK likes this.

pntballx1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS AWD Premium

Maximln , one of the reasons it was a little more expensive was that it came with the smaller storage compartment which I had already ordered so if someone needs it, let me know.
    I sent you a private message about the spare storage piece.
    Jim

RazorKQ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 XTS4

Selling the Caddy tomorrow and keeping the recently purchased spare tire kit. Anyone interested? Pics are on prev post this thread. I live in Utah.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in