Hazard light switch replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Hazard light switch replacement in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone have an idea of how to change out the hazard switch for a 2013 Cadillac XTS? -->...
    Realthought is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS

Hazard light switch replacement

Does anyone have an idea of how to change out the hazard switch for a 2013 Cadillac XTS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Re: Hazard light switch replacement

PM me, (two posts from now when you PM function activates) with a regular email address and I'll send you an illustrated procedure.

While the switch would appear easy to access, (there's a single piece of trip on the left side of the console to remove) it's anything but. That piece of trim surrounding it is held in place with several clips, and one fastener that's deeply buried below the CUE head unit. It transforms what should be a five-minute job into several hours. Nothing difficult, just a lot of de-layering to get at it.

Not sure if its an emergency or what, but if you want the procedure and can't PM me by tomorrow afternoon, it will have to wait until after the holidays before I'll be able to send it.

CC

Realthought is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS

CC- Not sure if I got around to thanking you for the instructions for the Hazard Switch replacement. It worked out and didn't take as long as I thought it would take to pull the strip along with the vent just over the CUE system. I work for an OEM and was able to grab a couple of tools for easier removal. Now I'm on to the Side Detection system as my blind spot warning don't work, looking for recommendations on that repair as well.

Thanks for the information.

TJM19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Can someone please post that procedure to replace that hazard switch? Mine is coming on spontaneously ever since I used it in funeral procession. It even comes on in the middle of the night and drains the battery. Much appreciated.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

The procedure isn't in a format that can be posted here, and it's a lot more than a few lines of instruction (including illustrations.) Rack up enough posts to get PM privileges, then PM me with an email address and I'll send you a copy of the procedure.

CC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in