From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have 1500 miles on the OEM Potenza's and the ride on them has seemed to have improved. It is ...
    MHT
    MHT is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Re: From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD

I have 1500 miles on the OEM Potenza's and the ride on them has seemed to have improved. It is only on coarse asphalt or concrete that I hear a little more tire noise other than that they are pretty quiet. The ride does not seem as harsh or firm as before. They really hug the road well and do quite well when cornering. The 20" wheels really are not that bad and the MRC does seem to do them justice.
    Surprisingly in my case the Bridgestone's have turned out to be better than the Pirelli Centurato P7 Plus that I tried.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

I have had my 2019 XTS Premium Luxury AWD for 4 months and 2,200 miles. The 6 Speed Transmission in my XTS is everything that the 8L45 8 Speed in my 2017 CT6 was not. The extra bonus is the absence of the ridiculous stop start feature that is in the CT6. Until you go back and drive a car that does not have the stop start feature you do not realize just how ridiculous the stop start feature is and the little amount in gas savings is not worth what you have to contend with.
    I am not trying to stir up trouble but I hope everyone will remember for most, the harsh shift of the prior year CT6 did not manifest its self until after about the first 2,500 – 5,000 miles. If you own a 2019 CT6 I would probably hold off on the victory dance until after at least the first 2,500 miles which I am cautiously optimistic that you will be able to do.
    I do not know how the operation of the HVAC system in the 2019 CT6 is but in the XTS it appears to be spot on. In this cold weather the interior of my car is comfortable with in a minute or two when the heat comes on. The Radio as well as the CUE in both the 2018-2019 XTS and 2019 CT6 has also been updated.
    I am not a fan of the standard 20” and only wheel option for my car but ride and tire noise is not that bad. I will be glad when and if Michelin comes out with he Premier A/S in my size as I will jump on them in a heart beat. To be quite honest I really did not care for the OEM Good Year Touring on the 19” wheels of my CT6 and traded them for the Michelin Premier A/S. I really have no love for the OEM Bridgestone’s on my XTS and I hate that because my wife retired from Bridgestone.
    My brother in law just traded for a 2019 XTS and he got the Bronze Dune Metallic with the Kona Brown interior. This is one nice color combination which I started to get but did not do so as I knew he was looking at it. I am very happy with the Phantom Grey with Ebony interior that I have but that Kona Brown interior is very striking. The headliner and wood grain appointments that comes with the $1,250 Kona Brown selection is also very nice. The interior looks like it is straight out of a Mercedes.
    I know it has been said but I will say it again, IMO both the CT6 and XTS are two of the most striking cars on the road. It is just to bad that Cadillac did not do better by them. Although they will both be discontinued, I am hearing that Cadillac does have plans for another full size sedan in the works which will be the reincarnation of either the XTS or CT6.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    Who knows what the reasoning was for only one wheel selection. If it makes you feel any better, the 20 inch wheel looks good with your color. I always liked the look of those wheels even if they are not polished aluminum. I would be happy with them but again my only concern was the ride. Others on this forum are happy with the 20 inch. CC is.
    I now think that the 20" wheels you were speaking of are not the wheels on my 2019 XTS Premium Lux but are on the 2019 XTS Platinum and yes they do look nice. I am thinking that I am going to stay with the 20" wheels but am considering going with the wheels on the 2019 Platinum XTS, which is an Ultra Bright Machine Finish Multi Spoke wheel, opposed to the painted 7 spoke wheel on my car.
    The wheels on my 2019 XTS Premium Lux just look to sporty for my taste but the wheels on the 2019 Platinum XTS look slightly dressier and more to my liking and they do not expose the brakes like the wheels on my 2019 XTS Premium do. Also the wheels on the 2019 XTS Platinum do not have those IMO ridiculous chrome insert that were on the 2018 XTS Platinum Wheels.

I have adjusted to the ride of the 20" wheels and have come to like them more but am still hoping that Michelin will release the Premier A/S this summer in my size which IMO will be a much better tire offering a slightly smoother and quieter ride than the Bridgestone Potenza RE97.

rockit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

I saw the BDM color on an XTS and like the way it enhances the body lines as much as my White Diamond. And with the Kona interior very nice combo. Two Cadillac sedans at the Chi. Auto show had the Kona interior, as well as a 2019 CTS and ATS in some mouth watering bronze shade. I overheard some discussion on the Kona that it is rather bland, so I had to put my 2 cents in and say it looked classic European. Would be nicer though if the whole interior was color coordinated instead of black carpet IMO. I'd put up some pics but Iphoto crashed and they are gone for now. I didn't care for the ride with the 20" Bridgestones on my wife's Impala, but after 2 1/2 years am used to it. Not at all comfy on our streets with 4 adults in the car though. I really like the painted 18" CT6 rims and G/Y Eagle Sport tires on my Cad. Quiet, very smooth and easy maintenance.
    Attached Images
    Ryder5150 likes this.

MHT

I did end up purchasing the 20" wheels that come on the Platinum Trim which I really like. I traded the Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S 245-40-20V for the GoodYear Eagle Touring A/S 245-40-20W and the ride is comparable to riding on the 19" wheels with the same tire and a lot less tire noise, especially on coarse surfaces and concrete.
    The following is the warranty work performed on my previously owned 2017 CT6 Premium Lux compared to my 2019 XTS Premium Lux AWD:
    2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD first year of ownership:
    HVAC settings
    Wheel replacement
    Entire dash removed to repair AC Evaporator Core Leak ( core seal replacement)
    Inside glass frosting upon temps less than 30 degrees ( service later thought this issue may have been a result of the evaporator core leak)
    Transmission harsh shift (Software update performed) repair questionable
    Trunk Acuator replaced
    Recalls (2) wire harness and child seat anchor
    After 2 years I ordered a 2019 CT6 but after seeing the 2019 XTS and several test drives I decided the XTS was a better fit for me.

2019 XTS Premium Lux AWD 8 months ownership:
    CUE screen display default (Software update) issue still being looked into. This is not a major issue. Other XTS's on the lot do the same.
    Tiny specs on or in glass (cause undetermined, believed to be a manufacturing issue). Some specs could be removed others could not. it looks like the specs are on both sides of the glass but also within the glass. This is not a major issue as the specs can only be seen under extremely bright sunlight conditions and light has to hit at a certain angle. Other XTS's on the lot seem to exhibit the same.
    Recalls (0)

m_eaton53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum

I still have the original tires on my '15 Platinum AWD. They still have some tread left.

I'll probably have to replace them before next winter. I'm not getting the OEM tires... they're not bad but I think I can do better.
    I've narrowed it down to three choices... Walmart has all of them:

Vogue Custom Built Radial VIII - $295.88
    Goodyear Eagle Touring - $174.36

And here's one out of left field:
    Vercelli Strada 2 - $75.32
    I've read many positive reviews on them.

I know some would say "well, you can't put a $75 tire on a $65K car".
    Well... my 86 year old mom has a set of $90 Nankang SV-2 Summersnows on her 2008 CTS and they're just fine.
    They replaced a set of Blizzaks that cost twice as much and I'm not really seeing a whole lot of difference performance wise.
    There is one other big difference, though... the CTS is RWD and Nankangs do not have to be swapped seasonally.

I've done this before... years ago I took several flyers on an unknown maker of cheap tires called Kumho. They were very good.
    Well, they're not so unknown or so cheap today. So, I'm thinking about trying out the unknown tire again.
    If they're good, then awesome. If they're bad, they're the price of one Vogue tyre and I can just throw them away.

It could all be a moot point. The wife likes the looks of Vogues and that might be it. I'm cool with that.

tokuboi69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    It is funny how the trunk of my 2019 XTS is fully lined top to bottom but the trunk of my 2017 CT6 was not. The CT6 might have all the bells and whistles the XTS does not have but when it comes to interior finish, IMO the XTS interior is more Luxurious in appearance and feel.To me a completely finished trunk is really showing attention to detail.
    Take all the gadgest from the CT6 and move them to the XTS and the XTS would be more like the flag ship. It has been said that the XTS will return and the CT6 will be dropped.
    I just picked up a 2017 XTS Luxury , went into the trunk compartment to put my kids sports duffel inside, and was fairly impressed that the true was completely carpeted top to bottom. Mine also came with magnetic ride control. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was a standard feature on the XTS up until 2018 ? The car's interior is beautifully appointed, and very comfortable. I can't do long drives more than about 2 -3 hours, I'm afraid I might fall asleep. I previously had a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L , V6 with navigation. Nice car, but felt every little bump in the road. Felt it flex in turns etc. This XTS , although used feels solid .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    RedCadi likes this.

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 18 XTS Lux. AWD (29K mi), 06 SRX V6-AWD (67K mi) ** Gone - 08 DTS, 87 Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by tokuboi69 View Post
    Mine also came with magnetic ride control. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was a standard feature on the XTS up until 2018 ?
    I don't know about pre-2018 models, but my 2018 Luxury does not have MRC.

I think the Premium Luxury and above models have it as standard equipment, whereas the Base and Luxury models do not have it ... not even as an option.

hazcaddy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

My 2016 Luxury (1SB) has MRC and it is listed on the Spec Sheet as "Mechanical - Standard Eqpt". So it changed for either the 2017 or 2018 MY.

Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

Starting with the 2018 model year MRC only came standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models. It Is not available on the Base and Luxury models. Same for the air springs. Prior to 2018 is was standard on all trims.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in