From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yeah, the repair is another story. Good luck. -->...
    Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

Re: From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD

Yeah, the repair is another story. Good luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    Yeah, the repair is another story. Good luck.
    The repair was fine.

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

It is funny how the trunk of my 2019 XTS is fully lined top to bottom but the trunk of my 2017 CT6 was not. The CT6 might have all the bells and whistles the XTS does not have but when it comes to interior finish, IMO the XTS interior is more Luxurious in appearance and feel.To me a completely finished trunk is really showing attention to detail.
    Take all the gadgest from the CT6 and move them to the XTS and the XTS would be more like the flag ship. It has been said that the XTS will return and the CT6 will be dropped.
    rockit, RedCadi and tokuboi69 like this.

Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

I have noticed that too. I hope you are right about the the return of the XTS. I just hope the dont cheapin it up. I love mine.
    RedCadi and tokuboi69 like this.

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

Cadillac doesn't need two vehicles competing in the same full-sized sedan segment; --not that it's even a competition. The XTS has consistently outsold the CT6 since day one. And I have to agree, the interior is the best Cadillac has ever executed. That and the driving dynamics sold me.

I think once the XTS is gone, it's gone for good until I hear officially otherwise.

ralph1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd

They must believe the XTS is stealing a significant number of sales from the CT6 and CTS, and they're probably right, but they will lose some buyers entirely when it dies.

If they stop XTS production in the US, perhaps they'll import some from China when too many people balk at the cramped rear seat & trunk of the new CT5 and small trunk and big price of the CT6. They're lowering the stripo CT6 price to ~$50k to cover the gap, but it rises quickly thanks to option bundling, a curse to mankind.

MHT

I am trying to understand why Cadillac now offers the 2019 CT6 with Magnetic Ride Control with 19" wheels and the 2019 XTS with Magnetic Ride Control with 20" wheels.
    In prior years you could only get the CT6 with Magnetic Ride Control with 20" wheels. If quality of ride was the issue it seems like the 2019 XTS with Magnetic Ride Control should have also had the 19" as the standard wheel.

rockit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

I agree. The 20's don't add much extra "bling" if that is GM's motive. In fact I think they look disproportional, not to mention the ride. Plus there are/were etching problems with the chromed plastic inserts.
    BTW, I have 18" CT6 rims on mine and love 'em.

MHT

[QUOTE=rockit;17640576]I agree. The 20's don't add much extra "bling" if that is GM's motive. In fact I think they look disproportional, not to mention the ride. Plus there are/were etching problems with the chromed plastic inserts.
    BTW, I have 18" CT6 rims on mine and love 'em.[/QUOTE

Did you switch from 20"wheels? I was thinking about switching to the 19" wheels. After much thought and remembering what the ride was like with my CT6 with 19" wheels, I now do not feel that the ride difference would be that great to justify the cost assocaited with purchasing 20" wheels and tires.
    Sometimes I have to remind myself that it often better to leave OEM setup of a car alone or as aloe would say, well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    I agree. The 20's don't add much extra "bling" if that is GM's motive. In fact I think they look disproportional, not to mention the ride. Plus there are/were etching problems with the chromed plastic inserts.
    BTW, I have 18" CT6 rims on mine and love 'em.
    The inserts/fake spokes aren't plastic, they're aluminum with chrome plating. The wheel etching problem is caused by dissimilar metals contacting when the insert gap is <.050" from the wheels. Totally preventable if they are gapped properly before delivery.

Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum AWD White Diamond '91 Caprice wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)

Yes, I had the 20" wheels.

dupe

I'm aware of the dissimilar metals and gap issue, but took a couple ersatz spokes which were cracked, off the wheel and swear it was chrome plated plastic. Just a guess, did GM make some plastic ones to try and solve the issue? Or maybe I am wrong and was fooled by plastic looking aluminum..
    Attached Images

The first and second photos definitely looks like cheap (Chinese) pot metal, due to the granularity at the yield points. You could place a soldering iron tip against the inside surface and see if it melts since it has a much lower melting point than aluminum.

MHT

I really like the 19" Polished Finish Wheels on the 2019 XTS Luxury and believe the 245-45-19 V rated tire would offer a slightly better ride than my 20" 245-40-20 V Rated Bridgestone's Potenza's RE97's. If I were to make the switch, I would probably go with the Michelin Premier A/S or OEM GoodYear Touring Tire.
    I spoke with a tire dealer and he said there would not be a lot of difference going from the 245-40-20 to the 245-45-19 and from a cost perspective did not think it would be worth it but I also like the Polished Finish 19" Wheels .
    If I could find out why Cadillac stayed with the 20" wheel with Magnetic Ride Control for the 2019 XTS Premium Luxury but now offers the 19" Wheel as the standard wheel for the 2019 CT6 Premium Luxury with Magnetic Ride Control and the 20" is now optional. I think it might make my decision to switch or not to switch somewhat easier regardless of the cost associated with staying with an OEM set up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in