From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; This is not a major issue but just wanted to give this report on my 2019 XTS Premium Lux AWD. ...
    MHT
    MHT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

Re: From a 2017 CT6 Premium Lux AWD TO a 2019 XTS Premium LUX AWD

This is not a major issue but just wanted to give this report on my 2019 XTS Premium Lux AWD.
    The Cue has frozen up three times. One time my temperature setting at 73 degrees changed right before my eyes to 29 degrees. The temperature in the car did not change. I could not get the temperature setting to go any higher than 29 degrees and no lower than 19 degrees. I do not know if it was registering in centigrade or what. Also mostly all information in regard to setting certain features was wiped out in the vehicle convenience settings. On one occasion all was corrected by a reset through OnStar and another after the car was turned off for awhile and I got back in and restarted it.
    I know how to do a Cue hard reset but this last time I had a Cue issue OnStar advised me to take the car into service so I am heading there this morning. The other issue is tiny speckles in all the glass that can only be seen under very direct real bright sunlight conditions. The body shop is saying it is not paint over spray or anything of the sort but appears to be an imperfection in the glass if that be the case.
    Nothing too upsetting just a heads up for other 2019 XTS owners or if anyone has experienced the same please chime in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

GFK
    GFK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Luxury

Thank you for the update. The back side of a new one caught my eye as I was driving down the highway recently. For a moment I thought, "I should check out the new ones." Then, I recalled by pains with my current one. The newer ones may have less issues. But, I think I will give Cadillac awhile longer to work through their changes. Plus, I think I want a SUV instead.

MHT
    Automobile(s): 2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk

The service manager first stated that they he was aware of the problems with the CUE and would have to replace mine but there were several updates and programing that he decided to try first.
    He did not find the speckles in the glass to be a defect in the glass but rather suspected it to be something on the glass.

MHT

Updates and reprograming of CUE did not work. Service manager is looking into what the next step will be.

MHT
    Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    After 1 mo. and 500 miles I am still enjoying the XTS. I did trade the Bridgestone Potenza's RE97 for the Pirelli Centurato P7 A/S Plus and find the ride on the 20" wheels to be much better but in that they are 20" wheels I accept them for what they are.
    The XTS with 304hp compared to the 335hp of the CT6 is slightly slower at take off from stop but once it gets going and if you are not careful you can very easily exceed the speed limit. IMO and my personal experience with my CT6, I find the XTS to be the better performer as the sometimes harsh shift of the 8L45 transmission in the CT6 was a little disappointing. My CT6 also had a tendency to want to lung forward when stopped and pulling into the garage or a parking space which is something that I have not experienced with the XTS. Some other owners have also complained about the sometimes harsh shift of the transmission and car sometimes lunging forward with the CT6.
    After working with the tone settings of the Bose with 14 speakers, I am now finding it not to be that much different from the Bose Panaray in the CT6. After Cadillac so brilliantly decided to package the Bose Panaray with rear seat entertainment there would have been no way that I would have paid $6,700.00 to put it into a 2019 CT6. As a stand alone in my 2017 CT6 it cost $3,700.
    The HVAC also seems to operate more efficiently in the XTS. The reason for this may partly be due to the center vents sitting slightly higher than in the CT6. There are some trade offs and one is getting back use to the wider A pillars in the XTS and not really being able to see the hood when driving, both of which I experienced with a previously owned 2014 Buick Lacrosse P1, but for me this it is not a deal breaker.
    IMO the interior of the XTS seems to be more luxurious and the seat seating seems more comfortable. The thigh extender on the seats of the XTS has always been an added plus for me. The XTS with its swing away wiper arms makes the windshield easier to clean, especially when cleaning the windshield from the inside on the drivers side as the hump of the dash over the speedometer is a lot higher on the CT6 than the XTS so much so that it is hard to get your hand in between the glass and that hump with the CT6.
    The features that I had in my CT6 but are not available in the XTS are not really anything that I cannot live without and in many ways really did not need. The larger trunk of the XTS and fold down rear seats is another added plus.
    The CT6 and XTS are both real nice cars and I really cannot see where you could go wrong with either. I do not know how true this is but I find it believable that, In an article that I read, although this is the last model year for the XTS, it will be redesigned and will return and will replace the CT6, with Cadillac anything is possible.
    I ended up returning the Pirelli Centurato P7 Plus and getting my Bridgestone's put back on. The Pirelli did not seat up to the wheel as well as the Bridgestone's and I had some concerns about the Pirelli's holding tire pressure. The Pirelli's give a softer ride but the Bridgestone's are a better performer. Bridgestone's appear to be quieter. If I knew what I know now I would not have made the switch to the Pirelli.

MHT
    My CUE is defaulting from the selected display screen, It can happen within hours or within a day. When the car is turned off and restarted the display that I have selected will default to a different display.
    The service manger told me that this is a known problem and other owners have reported it.
    At this time it is not known if or when Cadillac will address this issue.
    The following are the three displays that are involved in the default;
    Radio info display
    Radio, Nav and temp display
    All icons disp

bled1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Premium

When our CUE went on the fritz, I called the Service guy at my Dealer and told him I wanted the Cue replaced. He said for me to bring it by for them to look at it. I told him to just order me a new one because it wouldn't act up if I brought it in. He said OK and ordered me a new one. Problem solved!

MHT
    Quote Originally Posted by bled1 View Post
    When our CUE went on the fritz, I called the Service guy at my Dealer and told him I wanted the Cue replaced. He said for me to bring it by for them to look at it. I told him to just order me a new one because it wouldn't act up if I brought it in. He said OK and ordered me a new one. Problem solved!
    This service department plays by the book.
    The car must be brought into service, a service order has to be written and issue must be duplicated.
    If the proper order is not followed Cadillac can refuse to warranty and service eats the cost.
    Service manger also stated that Cadillac frowns on parts being ordered other wise.
    It looks like your service department is willing to take the risk and satisfy the customer which I can appreciate.
    Under the circumstances I would like to know that this issue has been properly addressed as putting a new CUE with the same issue would not sit well with me.

Mrgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS 4 CPO

Years ago I learned that you don't tell a service tech what to do to fix your problem no matter car or anything else. He will do what you tell him and if you still have a problem it's on you. Be very clear telling him what you problem is and let him determine what needs to be done. That way when you get your car back and it still has the same problem, it's on him. If a service department does not stand behind there work then you can take other actions.

GFK
    GFK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Luxury

I typically keep my CUE display on the clock (off). But, it does switch to the previous display when started at times (home, radio, navigation). I guess it is one of those things that all the bugs did not get worked out. From what I understand, the default at start-up should be the Home Screen. But, I think the service manger really did not care. It worked and that was all that mattered to him.

MHT

I will be taking my car in for service on tomorrow to have the Rear Seat Pass Through Panel replace. The door in that panel can be locked and it appears that the door might have been locked prior to delivery. Thinking the door was just stuck someone pulled on the door and broke the plastic retainer that the door latch slides into.
    I found the plastic retainer in the trunk when I was inspecting the car after purchase but could not figure out where it came from until I was checking out the rear seat pass through and found that the door would not latch and was just flopping back and fourth. I did a band aide fix that works so that the door will latch but the service manager when I showed it to him said it was a new car and the panel should be replaced.
    Personally I really do not see the purpose for the door locking as you could just give it a tug and break the retainer and you are in or if the lock is on and you shut the door you will break the retainer as the latch will be fixed in the upward position and will not retract upon making contact with the retainer.

MHT

Quote Originally Posted by MHT View Post
    I will be taking my car in for service on tomorrow to have the Rear Seat Pass Through Panel replace. The door in that panel can be locked and it appears that the door might have been locked prior to delivery. Thinking the door was just stuck someone pulled on the door and broke the plastic retainer that the door latch slides into.
    I found the plastic retainer in the trunk when I was inspecting the car after purchase but could not figure out where it came from until I was checking out the rear seat pass through and found that the door would not latch and was just flopping back and fourth. I did a band aide fix that works so that the door will latch but the service manager when I showed it to him said it was a new car and the panel should be replaced.
    Personally I really do not see the purpose for the door locking as you could just give it a tug and break the retainer and you are in or if the lock is on and you shut the door you will break the retainer as the latch will be fixed in the upward position and will not retract upon making contact with the retainer.
    Please Be Aware That The Rear Seat Pass Through Door Can Be Locked!!!!!!!!!!!
    The warranty repair was made by replacing the latch cover panel. The repair took about 1 hour and requires the removal of the rear seat.
    You literally have to climb into the trunk to reach back and lock and unlock the pass through panel door. I do not get it but I guess the Cadillac engineers do
    RedCadi likes this.

Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

You dont need to climb in the trunk. Just fold down the passenger side rear seat and reach in behind. Simple.
    tokuboi69 likes this.

Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD

Actually you can fold down the drivers side which will completely expose the rear pass thru.
    tokuboi69 likes this.

MHT
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    You dont need to climb in the trunk. Just fold down the passenger side rear seat and reach in behind. Simple.
    Thank you,I forgot about the rear seat folding down but as far as simple goes, in that service broke it I would have to question the simple part.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in