Cue System Rebooting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bsnelling
  • 1 Post By Big L
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cue System Rebooting in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm recently purchased a beautiful 2014 XTS Platinum in tri-coat metallic white with only 25K miles. I love the car ...
    bsnelling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Platinum - White Diamond Tricoat on Very Light Platinum/Dark Urban/Cocoa

Cue System Rebooting

I'm recently purchased a beautiful 2014 XTS Platinum in tri-coat metallic white with only 25K miles.

I love the car but am wondering what could be causing the Cue touch screen to be "rebooting". The radio doesn't stop playing when it does, but the screen goes black and it loses the Bluetooth connection with my phone. Would this be a problem with the display unit itself or maybe with the HMI box?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cutlass is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2

Re: Cue System Rebooting

Probably not the display because it does not have the Bluetooth stuff in it. I assume you still have a little bit of B2B warranty left so I'd recommend you take it in to the Cadillac service department and have them diagnose and fix it.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Premium

Sometimes this happens - dealer wont do much unless they see it happen. Otherwise they are a deer in the headlights when you tell them about CUE not starting. I usually get out of car, walk around a few minutes and then restart the car to 'fix' it. If it gets worse then I will push back more.

Cutlass is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2

When it comes to CUE issues, the dealer will usually look for a software upgrade (or service bulletin) first, then they’ll go after the most likely hard part if they need to.

bsnelling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Platinum - White Diamond Tricoat on Very Light Platinum/Dark Urban/Cocoa
    Thanks for the input. Perhaps I should just upgrade to HDMI 2.5 🙂
    callmike02 likes this.

Big L is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury, 2001 Deville DHS, 1976 Seville

Hey. I know this is an old thread, but curious if you've resolved your issue. I'm currently experiencing the same issue.
    callmike02 likes this.

Big L is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury, 2001 Deville DHS, 1976 Seville

Received a like, so posting in case anyone needs the info...

Had it at the Dealer from Mon-Wed. They claimed they upgraded the software. Whatever they did, worked a little better. The cue screen stayed black for about 10 minutes after starting via the mycadillac app Thur morning. The screen hasn't gone out, but I can tell it reset itself a couple times as I've had to pair my phone another two times and the bottom xm channels were showing both times (I always hide them). $350 for the "upgrade". I'm in the wrong business.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in