Passenger air filter-dealer's service event
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TRARON
  • 1 Post By Arminius
Cadillac XT5 First Generation Forum (2017+) Discussion, Passenger air filter-dealer's service event in Cadillac XT5 Forums; Mine was dirty after 22,000 miles and 18 months. Looks like factory foreign object debris including a chemical or abrasion ...
    Arminius is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XT5

Passenger air filter-dealer's service event

Mine was dirty after 22,000 miles and 18 months. Looks like factory foreign object debris including a chemical or abrasion indentation. The same final assembly guys who prep the KC-47 for delivery to the Air Force? Open the glove box, disconnect the elastic band on the right outside by removing it from the hole, push the sides of the glovebox in and hinge it down and out of the way, remove the filter housing door by ignoring the hinge thing on the front and depressing the latch on the right side. Filter's flow arrows point down. I can't see anything else the dealer could do at his 18 month service event except check the brakes.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum Crystal White Maple Sugar

Re: Passenger air filter-dealer's service event

Looks like you may have had a critter living there.
    frankrizzo135 and njacobsen like this.

Arminius is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XT5

Always interesting to change your own filters. I was worried about driving my 150,000 mile MB cross country and consulted an experienced mechanic. He suggested pulling the transmision pan and examining the fluid by eye and magnet. This tended to reassure me. My XT5 was purchased in December of its model year and had probably spent a lot of time on an outside lot. It had some smells which I took to be chemical!
    KC0KEK likes this.

KC0KEK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2017 XT5

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    My XT5 was purchased in December of its model year and had probably spent a lot of time on an outside lot. It had some smells which I took to be chemical!
    I bought my 2017 in June 2018. It had that new-car smell, but it never was as potent as one fresh from the factory. No regrets, tho.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in