Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Did I see an XLR Concept Car? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It has been quite a while now, but I'll explain. I remember in 2017 seeing some brief ads on TV ...
- 04-14-19 10:48 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2019
- Northern Wisconsin
Did I see an XLR Concept Car?
It has been quite a while now, but I'll explain. I remember in 2017 seeing some brief ads on TV that looked like an XLR concept vehicle. It had a huge full-width V-shaped grille. It was a coupe and had vertical taillights as I recall that curved over the top of the finder. It was gorgeous. I wasn't real interested in a new car at the time, so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention. Then, when on a road trip in June, 2017, I saw one of these cars at a gas station in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. I just got a short glimpse of it and wasn't able to get pictures. Again, it was gorgeous. Shortly after that I went on the Cadillac web site and I believe I saw it shown there among their vehicles (I think with a price around $90,000), but have not seen it again on subsequent visits to the Cadillac web site. Does anyone know what I saw? I haven't seen or heard hide nor hair of it since the summer of 2017.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 04-15-19 06:42 AM #2
Re: Did I see an XLR Concept Car?
Like UFOs and Bigfoot, it's impossible to determine what mystery vehicle you saw without a decent pic or irrefutable evidence.
The original XLR concept car, (the Evoq) is parked in a museum. A coupe would likely not fit with any XLR concept (it's a roadster after all). There has been speculation for several years that Cadillac might try to execute another roadster, but after the bad taste with their XLR experience, and their inability to properly market much of anything anymore, I'm very skeptical. Cadillac's clean sheet design risk level is gone now. The ELR was their last effort to create something completely different looking from anything else out there.
Speaking of rampant speculation, this design was lifted from a keyfob! https://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadill...-ar183681.html
- By Jason J. Lee in forum 2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-21-12, 09:41 PM
- By torched10 in forum Cadillac STS-V Series ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-11, 04:17 PM
- By blue07cts in forum Community Lounge, Introductions and General DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 10-18-10, 08:42 PM
- By chopmeat in forum Cadillac STS-V Series ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 03-30-09, 06:09 PM
- By Roupin in forum 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-06, 04:18 PM