Fake heating alarm on XLR-V 2006
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Fake heating alarm on XLR-V 2006 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anybody experienced a fake heat engine alarm on the XLR-V? It switches of the AC (which makes sense if ...
    Sorentj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V & XLR V

Fake heating alarm on XLR-V 2006

Has anybody experienced a fake heat engine alarm on the XLR-V?

It switches of the AC (which makes sense if the alarm is real) and also it starts the fan, and - the temp. gauge shows cold engine - all the way down to zero!
    If I stop the engine and restarts, I get the same failure message in the display.
    But....the engine is not overheated at all. The waterhose coming from the bottom of the radiator is not hot at all, and the top hose is normally hot, but not overheated at all.

Do I have a sensor problem or what?

Soren T-J

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Peter Prowalny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V

Re: Fake heating alarm on XLR-V 2006

Mine did that sporadically, each time Advance Auto would reset the code for free. The Cadillac dealer told me it was a very expensive sensor at the back of the engine. Researching this site others indicated it was a faulty thermostat. I believed other owners having the same issue and had the thermostat replaced and have not had the problem since. All this happened at around 75,000 miles. At 80,000 miles the water pump had to be replaced.

Sorentj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V & XLR V

Re: Fake heating alarm on XLR-V 2006

Thanks Peter,

I followed the advice from the forum and replaced the thermostat, - and then it is all OK again. I also bought the sensor, - not expensive, but hard to replace, but I did not. The thermostat did it all - which technically does not make sense?
    Does Cadillac or anybody else know why we have this problem and why replacing the thermostat works??

Soren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in