Hi guys,

I have a 2004 XLR. For awhile it was having intermittent performance on the wipers, where the delay settings would sometimes work, but mostly the only way I could get them to operate was on the high setting. I replaced the motor, but it didn't resolve the issue with the delay settings. Then a couple months ago, it stopped working altogether. I replaced the switch, but the wipers were still dead.I got another motor, this time not a re-built one, but still won't work.

I referred to the service manual, and I've checked the fuses, tested the relays, and tested the power to the motor. I get power to the wiper wiring connector on the low and high settings. I also got continuity with a check on the ground wire to a ground on the engine block, so it doesn't seem like there is an open ground.

I'm at a loss for what it could be at this point. I was thinking maybe the motor just isn't connecting to wiring module enough. I jammed it in as far as I could. Was thinking of soldering a little extra metal onto the tips of the male connectors to see if that helps.

Does anybody have ideas or experience with this? I'd appreciate any tips you could provide.

Thanks,
Dave