Class Action Lawsuit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By martinm
  • 1 Post By angel71rs
  • 2 Post By KRDCAD
  • 2 Post By TXTT
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Class Action Lawsuit? in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; I received a letter in the mail today from Patrick Law Firm (Dallas). In reference to complaints and defects. Has ...
    TXTT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Class Action Lawsuit?

I received a letter in the mail today from Patrick Law Firm (Dallas). In reference to complaints and defects. Has anyone else received this, and if so, did you make contact yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium

Re: Class Action Lawsuit?

I need to receive this letter. My vehicle has been riddled with issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinm is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 V-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TXTT View Post
    I received a letter in the mail today from Patrick Law Firm (Dallas). In reference to complaints and defects. Has anyone else received this, and if so, did you make contact yet?
    How did Patrick Law Firm get your name? What is the lawsuit about specifically and is it a "class action" suit? What models are affected? All CTS models? What year(s)? Can you post the letter you received? More details would be nice.
    Fxtr and TXTT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by martinm View Post
    How did Patrick Law Firm get your name? What is the lawsuit about specifically and is it a "class action" suit? What models are affected? All CTS models? What year(s)? Can you post the letter you received? More details would be nice.
    My wife told me about it as it came in the mail. She also gave me the phone number and I spoke to someone who said an atty will get be back with me. Don't know yet. When I get home from a business trip I'll let you know all about it. I am going in for 2 recalls (the heated seats and the power steering gear motor, something like that) end of next week.
    I'm surprised no one else has received anything in the mail as I've never been to the dealership EVER!!! I purchased this 2014 in 11/15 and it's only needed oil changes (local) and tires (Costco). Never had any problems with it so far at 42,000 miles. I do not (repeat) do not trust most part guessers at dealerships, sorry but either do some myself or local mechanic(s); and this all started in California when a "master" mechanic at the "very good" Chevrolet Dealership was working on my new '81 Vette. I walked up to him at 9 am and the alcohol on his breath knocked me over!! And NO it was not from the night before.....

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 CTS VSport

Lawyers "phishing" for business (ambulance chasing) used to be illegal. Hell, it prolly still is...

Russ

angel71rs is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury

There have been a lot of problems with GM made 8 speeds used across GM lines, including Cadillac. So GM is getting sued over it. Maybe that's what this is about?

Harsh shifts, hard downshifts coming to a stop (described as feeling like they got rear ended), torque converter shudder, it's a mess. Go to the CT6 section of the forum and read the huge threads about issues this POS has. Lawsuit even referenced one of the threads in the CT6 section. GM has tried numerous fixes, all failed so far, jury is out on latest one.

But the CTS Vsport uses a different tranny made in Japan IIRC, not much reported wrong with it that I've seen. I've been considering moving up to either a CT6 or CTS Vsport, no way would I buy a CT6 made during the 8 speed years after reading about the POS tranny.

Ambulance chasers probably said "CTS with an 8 speed, let's go for them too" not knowing the Vsport is different is my guess.
    KRDCAD likes this.

KRDCAD is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)

2014 & 2015 CTS and all CTS VSPORTS have the Aisin 8 speed. Very good tansmission
    Theroider and justanotherguy like this.

425c10 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville

How many miles are these bad tranny's getting on them ? Before they start acting up ? Is there a different kind of maintenance schedule for an 8 speed transmission ?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXTT View Post
    My wife told me about it as it came in the mail. She also gave me the phone number and I spoke to someone who said an atty will get be back with me. Don't know yet. When I get home from a business trip I'll let you know all about it. I am going in for 2 recalls (the heated seats and the power steering gear motor, something like that) end of next week.
    I'm surprised no one else has received anything in the mail as I've never been to the dealership EVER!!! I purchased this 2014 in 11/15 and it's only needed oil changes (local) and tires (Costco). Never had any problems with it so far at 42,000 miles. I do not (repeat) do not trust most part guessers at dealerships, sorry but either do some myself or local mechanic(s); and this all started in California when a "master" mechanic at the "very good" Chevrolet Dealership was working on my new '81 Vette. I walked up to him at 9 am and the alcohol on his breath knocked me over!! And NO it was not from the night before.....
    OK. It's a letter of solicitation. Patrick bought a mailing list from DDM Marketing; however, the letter states 2015-2018 CTS or ATS and goes on to say "defects included but not limited to transmission problems, erratic shifting and/or shaking-vibration, engine problems/stalling/check engine defects, electrical issues, brake and power steering defects". 1-888-LEMON-81 And Russ, attorney solicitation has been legal for quite a while-not that i agree with it.
    Mine is a 2014 but when I take it in next week (which I dread-I understand the steering recall but I'd prefer not to do the heated seats since I rarely use them) and we will see if it comes back BETTER than it goes in. I've read on here where there are problems of a different nature after "service" is performed for a completely different issue (wish I had a camera like one of the posters on here has)-Wish Me Luck....
    martinm and Theroider like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in