CUE touch screen replacement... again.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By schwinn
  • 1 Post By big_c
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE touch screen replacement... again. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I replaced the touchscreen on '14 XTS at end of December. All was going great... it was the first actual ...
    callmike02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville, 2014 XTS

CUE touch screen replacement... again.

I replaced the touchscreen on '14 XTS at end of December. All was going great... it was the first actual use of the CUE screen in over a year. Then, about 6 weeks later, the screen went crazy. It would change temps on AC. It would randomly change screens. It would change radio stations and if you listened closely, you could hear the haptic sense sound when the CUE was randomly changing stuff on the screen.

Needless to say, I will replace the screen again. But, I sure would like to get a good one this time that lasts at least a year or two. I need help finding a vendor who sells a screen that will last. Have any of you bought one and had really good success with it??? If so, do you mind replying with the vendor's contact info???

I'm sure this will be of help to many other Cadillac owners. I agree that the touch screens should have been made better in the beginning. But, it is what it is and now we must make the best of it.

Thanks!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

schwinn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

Re: CUE touch screen replacement... again.

I agree, getting some good reviews/references for good product/buyers is a great idea. I bought mine from ebay, this user: https://www.ebay.com/usr/m1-admurph?...53.m2749.l2754

I have had it installed for about 3 months now, so not really all that long, but it's working fine so far. I don't drive my car that much, but it is nice to have a working screen - this one seems more responsive than the old one as well, for what it's worth. Granted, my 2013 ATS screen was bad for a while, so it was annoying to use in general.
    callmike02 likes this.

I should have mentioned my disappointing purchase details. I think my review of the item is still posted on their listing...

https://www.amazon.com/Touch-Screen-...s%2C154&sr=8-8

I see that Amazon has a "Amazon's Choice" banner on the item today. I may have received a bad one... it happens. So now, I have a frozen screen. Thankfully, I stored some favorite radio stations during the time it worked.

big_c is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by callmike02 View Post
    I should have mentioned my disappointing purchase details. I think my review of the item is still posted on their listing...

https://www.amazon.com/Touch-Screen-...s%2C154&sr=8-8

I see that Amazon has a "Amazon's Choice" banner on the item today. I may have received a bad one... it happens. So now, I have a frozen screen. Thankfully, I stored some favorite radio stations during the time it worked.
    I also ordered from this seller and after installing, it had no response at all and had to return it. Ordered the next one from seller cuescreens and it works better than the original. HTH

I replaced the touchscreen on '14 XTS at end of December. All was going great... it was the first actual use of the CUE screen in over a year. Then, about 6 weeks later, the screen went crazy. It would change temps on AC. It would randomly change screens. It would change radio stations and if you listened closely, you could hear the haptic sense sound when the CUE was randomly changing stuff on the screen.

Needless to say, I will replace the screen again. But, I sure would like to get a good one this time that lasts at least a year or two. I need help finding a vendor who sells a screen that will last. Have any of you bought one and had really good success with it??? If so, do you mind replying with the vendor's contact info???

I'm sure this will be of help to many other Cadillac owners. I agree that the touch screens should have been made better in the beginning. But, it is what it is and now we must make the best of it.

Thanks!!!!
    This is what I tried after going with two aliexpress vendors and one from amazon prime:

https://www.cuescreens.com/

It has a lifetime warranty and has been working for me perfectly for several months. After pulling my dash apart a few times with the ali express units I was pretty good at it, 20 mins tops
    brucel58 likes this.

I bet you are getting good at it. I've corresponded with Charles at cuescreens.com and he seems to be a very nice person. Sure, he wants to sell product, but he says he will assist you for the life of the product. I have not had any contact with anyone who had to return one of his touch screens. I'm getting ready to order my third screen since Christmas. I think I'll follow the advice of you guys who have already gotten tired of changing the screens and get one from Charles this time. Did you ever think when your bought your Caddy that you would need to become an electronics technician to keep it going? I've never really had any bad experiences with a Cadillac until I met the XTS. I've often wondered if the Chevy Impala or Buick LaCrosse provide as many challenges to their owners????

I bet you are getting good at it. I've corresponded with Charles at cuescreens.com and he seems to be a very nice person. Sure, he wants to sell product, but he says he will assist you for the life of the product. I have not had any contact with anyone who had to return one of his touch screens. I'm getting ready to order my third screen since Christmas. I think I'll follow the advice of you guys who have already gotten tired of changing the screens and get one from Charles this time. Did you ever think when your bought your Caddy that you would need to become an electronics technician to keep it going? I've never really had any bad experiences with a Cadillac until I met the XTS. I've often wondered if the Chevy Impala or Buick LaCrosse provide as many challenges to their owners????
    Yes, after the first time to remove the unit, I was able to do the job again in 15 mins once I knew how the trim came out.

I didn't expect needing to do this type of repair when I bought the car but honestly compared to other cars common issues in this segment, it's a pretty simple job. I'd rather do a screen replacement than fix the myriad of issues with the BMW's or Audi's. The ATS handling dynamic is superior as well.

All vehicles have their problems and this one is annoying for sure, but compared to the oil leaks and other mechanical issues on my 335i it's not that big of a deal. The screen is still performing great for me going on 8 months.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in