08 STS Floor Vent clicking noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 08 STS Floor Vent clicking noise in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have an 08 STS and there has been a clicking noise inside the dash (sounds like a motor trying ...
    nghurley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

08 STS Floor Vent clicking noise

I have an 08 STS and there has been a clicking noise inside the dash (sounds like a motor trying to do something) whenever the floor vents are activated. I have seen a few things about blend door actuators on the internet and what not, but I haven't found anything on the forum about this particular issue. It only happens whenever the air is coming from the floor vents. So if I turn it off, it still clicks nonstop because air still comes from the vents. I imagine I will probably have to remove the entire dash or something ridiculous, but if anyone has any info on what I would need to do, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS FWD Platinum

Re: 08 STS Floor Vent clicking noise

There are a few of those motors that control where the air comes out. When they go out, they will make that clicking noise that you are talking out. You will have to figure out which motor it is & then replace it. I think you can access a few of them behind the glove box door. I have heard they are a pain to change.

Max

FordSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS 1SG, 2013 SRX

You can do the temperature blend motor without pulling the dash, but not the mode selector motor.

Book time for the repair is 5.2 hours.

nghurley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS
    Thanks for the info. I’m finding out that everything is a pain to change in this car. Haha. Is there a way of diagnosing the issue before digging into it? Air is coming from the floor vents just fine (at least I think.) There are probably multiple motors and vents down there. What am I looking for? Sorry if these are dumb questions! Thanks

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS FWD Platinum

You have to try to isolate the noise by trying pinpoint where it is & then try to find the motor. I think a few of them are behind the glove box. So when you hear the noise, get under the dash as best you can. Removing the trim under the glove box & under the steering column is fairly easy. Once you locate the motor, you can try to describe here where it is & I'm sure someone can tell you which one it is.

Max

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in