Water Leakage inside and outside
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Water Leakage inside and outside in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi All, I have V6 05, from last 2-3 weeks I have seen water inside passenger compartment under driver floor ...
    mIAn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Water Leakage inside and outside

Hi All,

I have V6 05, from last 2-3 weeks I have seen water inside passenger compartment under driver floor mat only and specifically its under left foot area. And now from last 3 days lot of water is under engine on the floor, then i check water level in reservoir which is also very low from normal. Today when I took floor mat out, water was dripping from mat.

Are these two leakages same..?? but I couldn't figure it out how come radiator water can come inside passenger compartment because 4 years back inside heater core was by-passed meaning no radiator water is coming inside passenger compartment....right..???

Any thoughts that could be helpful.

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Glenn06STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 V6 STS RWD

Re: Water Leakage inside and outside

There's ultraviolet dye that can be added to the coolant, when you shine a blacklight on it, it glows. Might be the quickest way to see if it's the water you're finding inside the car.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*

Re: Water Leakage inside and outside

You need to figure out for sure if this is water or coolant. Should be pretty easy because DexCool has a very distinct odour. If it's water, the low coolant you're describing has nothing to do with the problem and is a separate issue. There's a one-way valve in the HVAC system to allow condensation from the AC evaporator to drain to the exterior of the vehicle. Sometimes this gets plugged and clean water will drain into the floor area. This is more typical of the passenger side though. You may also have a sunroof drain problem (if your car is so equipped). There are a lot of other possibilities as well. Like I said however, you need to know for sure what that fluid is first.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in