Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Intake Manifold Removal 2006 STS Coils Plugs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; For the STS, there are some threads and some YouTube videos out there that show removal or partial removal of ...
- 05-14-19 08:43 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2006 STS V6
- Join Date
- Aug 2016
Intake Manifold Removal 2006 STS Coils Plugs
For the STS, there are some threads and some YouTube videos out there that show removal or partial removal of the Intake Manifold to replace plugs and coils. However it is not clear that the IM has to come completely off. One guy says he was able to loosen it and slide it out of the way to access the plugs and coils.
2006 has a larger IM than other years. So it has to either come completely off or at least be moved. I need access to cylinder 2. Other years have more room than a 2006. Odd.
Do I have to to remove the entire IM? If not, what is the procedure for partially removing?
What about the IM gasket? Does it have to be replaced if the whole IM has to come out?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-14-19 09:06 AM #2
Re: Intake Manifold Removal 2006 STS Coils Plugs
For the sake of simplicity I'd take off the whole thing just to get it out of my way. I would also recommend replacing the gasket as well when you put it back on.
- By noahlittle090 in forum Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012Replies: 19Last Post: 07-17-18, 10:52 PM
- By espee4149 in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-23-17, 08:29 PM
- By countryroadsrvlee in forum Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012Replies: 4Last Post: 03-02-16, 07:31 PM
- By ~DIRTY~ in forum Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012Replies: 0Last Post: 06-18-12, 09:29 PM
- By Jason Brady in forum Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 05-23-12, 10:49 AM