Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Driver blend door wide open in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I'm at the end of my knowledge of this. So, ...
- 05-07-19 06:44 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2005 STS
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
Driver blend door wide open
I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I'm at the end of my knowledge of this.
So, driver's blend door is wide open at all settings and passenger works fine. Bought a new blend door and replaced it. Still didn't work. Just to double check, I tested the old blend door and the new blend door with a 9 volt battery and the both went full stroke. So I went back to the dual zone controls. Ohmed out the circuit and that was good. Back pinned the 12v pin at the controller for both the passenger and driver actuator to make sure i knew what to look for. Passenger got momentary 12v for positioning, driver side was 0v. Must be bad controls, right?
So I replaced with a good tested controller and still have same situation. I don't know what else to check. Hopefully someone on here has an idea.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-07-19 08:55 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
- Join Date
- Apr 2019
Re: Driver blend door wide open
You ohmed all the circuit wires from the control head to the blend door?
- 05-08-19 07:25 AM #3
Yes, all wires ohmed out back to the controller. I've been wondering if the position of the actuator is out of range. I'm assuming it's got a feedback loop
- By MHCadi69CP in forum The Classic Cadillac ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 02-11-16, 03:05 PM
- By loboogie in forum Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012Replies: 3Last Post: 01-24-13, 09:14 PM
- By newcadman in forum 2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance ModsReplies: 14Last Post: 12-01-10, 12:26 AM
- By koal in forum Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006Replies: 0Last Post: 06-09-10, 03:52 PM
- By Submariner409 in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-09, 04:50 PM