Differential for STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By valjan
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Differential for STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am researching differential options for Bettie Lou (my 2008 Northstar RWD STS lol). She has the GU2, 2.73. When ...
    Too Fast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6

Differential for STS

I am researching differential options for Bettie Lou (my 2008 Northstar RWD STS lol). She has the GU2, 2.73. When I google, there seems to be conflicting information about the compatibility. Some sites show 05-07 as non-compatible with the 08 and up. I want to replace her GU2 with the GU5 (3.23) or GU6 (3.42). Some sites show these as interchangeable between the CTS, STS, SRX through multiple years, and some places say since I have an 08 that the GU6 or GU5 won't fit.

Does anyone know for sure if all the center sections are interchangeable? Are the axle shafts all the same where they go in the differential? Is the yoke where the driveshaft bolts to the differential the same?

I see a few on Ebay, and I would look for the G80 option as well (LSD). I really want the GU6, but a GU5 will surely be better than her GU2.

Thank you for any information! I will post my results if I get this done, yes I know the speedo/odo will be off but I can get that tuned.

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

valjan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N* and a 2003 Deville

Re: Differential for STS

take the serial # from the donor car and ask the GM dealer to run it on GM Vehicle Inquiry System, Vehicle build, all the info you need will be there.
    Too Fast likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in