- 05-04-19 03:52 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
- Join Date
- Apr 2019
Differential for STS
I am researching differential options for Bettie Lou (my 2008 Northstar RWD STS lol). She has the GU2, 2.73. When I google, there seems to be conflicting information about the compatibility. Some sites show 05-07 as non-compatible with the 08 and up. I want to replace her GU2 with the GU5 (3.23) or GU6 (3.42). Some sites show these as interchangeable between the CTS, STS, SRX through multiple years, and some places say since I have an 08 that the GU6 or GU5 won't fit.
Does anyone know for sure if all the center sections are interchangeable? Are the axle shafts all the same where they go in the differential? Is the yoke where the driveshaft bolts to the differential the same?
I see a few on Ebay, and I would look for the G80 option as well (LSD). I really want the GU6, but a GU5 will surely be better than her GU2.
Thank you for any information! I will post my results if I get this done, yes I know the speedo/odo will be off but I can get that tuned.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-04-19 11:47 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2007 STS N* and a 2003 Deville
- Join Date
- Sep 2016
- montréal, canada
Re: Differential for STS
take the serial # from the donor car and ask the GM dealer to run it on GM Vehicle Inquiry System, Vehicle build, all the info you need will be there.
- By cubaclassiccar in forum The Classic Cadillac ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-17, 06:56 PM
- By NorthJersey in forum Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006Replies: 3Last Post: 10-07-16, 09:38 PM
- By fre1102 in forum 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 03-08-13, 09:56 AM
- By Berger 93 in forum Cadillac STS-V Series ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 10-19-08, 01:53 AM
- By Sherlock in forum 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-08, 12:30 AM